Accident Prone

On the Island of Sodor, every single engine who lives there has had at least one accident in their lives. On the Steam Team, the ones who get in the most accidents are coincidentally James and Percy.

Despite the fact that the two get in all kinds of accidents, they still find ways to have fun with each other no matter the outcome.

Today, Percy was carrying trucks with him and heading to the scrapyard. He was driving himself, because Patrick had the flu which he got from Tyler, which Tyler got from someone else he knew and forgot the name of.

The trucks were still their usual selves. But after the incident Percy had with the trucks a few years ago ( From my story Percy Takes the Plunge Again ) they swore to not push Percy anytime. But they still teased.

" Percy? Are you and James gonna get married yet? " - Truck 1

Percy groaned.

" First, that will never happen. Second, it's very rude to tease someone's relationship. So, you keep your traps shut. " - Percy

" Noted. " - Truck 2

All of them giggled annoyingly. Percy continued to groan and was distracted enough that he didn't realize he was heading for a branch that was on the tracks.

" Oh shit! " - Percy

Percy braked, but he didn't have enough time to stop completely and crashed into the branch and landed on his side, while the trucks stayed on the rails. Percy's paint was scratched up and his wheels were a little bent.

" Why?! Everytime! " - Percy

The trucks laughed again and chanted.

" Percy, The Accident One. Percy, The Accident One. " - Trucks

Percy stayed silent for a while and had that name in his head. He was starting to believe he was the accident one, but he didn't want to believe it.

Also since Patrick wasn't with him, he had to wait for someone to find him and get Rocky. Percy ended up on the ground for 20 minutes until Emily saw him and Ellie called for help. Percy would be sent to the Steamworks, but he wouldn't be the only one.

James was stopped at a signal waiting. He had finished his morning work and had free time to himself until 6pm.

James was humming to himself and then heard a whistle coming from behind him. That whistle turned out to come from Philip.

" Hey James. You free? " - Philip

" If I say no, will you go away? " - James

" Probably not. " - Philip

" Fine. What do you want? " - James

" I haven't raced someone for a while, and I thought you'd be up for a challenge. " - Philip

" Normally I would race. But after I crashed into Tidmouth last year, I decided to limit my racing. " - James

" Or maybe because I'm faster than you and you will never beat me, like I did Gordon. " - Philip

" Okay first, Gordon never raced you. Second, you are not faster than me. " - James

" Then prove it right now, or are you chicken. " - Philip

" Okay boxcab, you're on. " - James

Jake was there though and immediately objected.

" James, no. There is likely a 99% chance you'll crash, again. " - Jake

" I don't need your likeliness Jake. " - James

" Are you ready, red? " - Philip

" You bet. " - James