The Demon King's Final Fate (Iruazz)

Start from the beginning

Finally he learned to do things for himself. He's finally happier than he's ever been, everything having slotted into place for him, me, Valac, all our friends even...

He finally clenches his fists so hard his fingernails dig into his skin, drawing blood.

And now it's expected he's likely going to die here, to throw his life away, without a second thought...

Almost the moment after Iruma defeats the beast, he goes down with a cry.

The tears fall from Asmodeus's eyes, and he rushes forward as fast as his legs can take him, somehow managing to catch Iruma in his arms. "Iruma!" He frantically searches for Iruma's pulse, finding it weak and fading. Something in him cracks again, and he finally recognizes it as his heart, moments away from shattering. "Open your eyes, Iruma!"

~

Iruma's eyes open, and he gasps as his own eyes stare back at him from the ornate mirror in front of him. He's taller than before, and clothed in a velvet black suit with shined black boots. All the buttons are silver, the pockets are lined with blue silk, and the collar of the similarly black overcoat flares up and out around the back of his head. The Ring of Solomon glistens on his right hand, and a red band on his left wrist catches his eye. He holds his wrist up to inspect the band.

The band around Iruma's wrist is an almost transparent cherry red and is in the shape of a snake, with a single sapphire-blue eye, blowing pink fire. It's beautiful, but...

"I... When did I get married...?"

"Come on, Azz Azz!"

Iruma's eyes widen, and he quickly turns around.

"No, I will not!" An even taller Asmodeus than Iruma remembers rushes towards him, low ponytail flying. He hides behind his back as Clara enters the now open doorway, giving chase.

"I just wanna do your hair, Azz Azz!"

"Don't let her touch me!"

Iruma's eyes shift from Asmodeus to Clara in disbelief as they circle him.

They're really here right now?

"Clara..." Iruma eventually speaks up. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh!" Clara finally comes to a stop in front of him, whatever was going on with Asmodeus forgotten now. "Well, Iruma-kins, you can't spend your honeymoon without your friends!" She puffs out her cheeks. "It's not fair!"

"He very well can!" Asmodeus speaks up from behind him. "It is our honeymoon after all! Why do you have to invite everyone-?"

"It's okay, Alice," Iruma interrupts him, turning his head to smile at him. "We'll get our time. Why don't we have fun for now?"

Asmodeus's face relaxes, and he smiles softly, nodding. "As you wish."

When Iruma faces forwards again Clara is still in front of him, wearing a granny smith green suit with a red bow tie and top hat of the same shade of green, smiling a big smile.

"Clara!" Another voice Iruma knows shouts from the doorway, and Clara and Iruma move to look.

Ameri waits in the doorway, wearing a one-piece midnight-purple dress and heels, holding hands with Eiko--her girlfriend--who's peeking into the room from her side.

"Okay, okay! I'm coming!" Clara whirls around to face Iruma again, puffing her cheeks out once more. "Hurry up, Iruma-kins!" She bounds out the doorway after Ameri and Eiko clear it.

Iruma turns to Asmodeus, tracking him with his eyes as he walks out in front of him, extending his right hand out, palm up.

He can get a good look at Asmodeus now. He's clothed in a pristine white suit with shiny white boots. All the buttons are gold, the pockets are lined with red silk, and the similarly white overcoat flares out at the bottom, nearly touching the ground. His long pink hair is gathered into a low ponytail at the base of his head with a blue ribbon, and snaking around the wrist of his extended right hand is a band that's an almost transparent bright blue and is in the shape of a dragon, with a single ruby-red eye, blowing purple fire.

Once Iruma recognizes the band on Asmodeus's wrist, it finally hits him.

Azz really... He really married me, huh...?

"You coming, Iruma?"

The smile Asmodeus gives Iruma is so soft, so loving, it's almost as if it's meant just for him. It sets his heart on fire, and his cheeks heat up.

Iruma can't help but return the smile as he reaches for Asmodeus's outstretched hand, but the moment their hands meet, Iruma's phases through, and Asmodeus disappears.

"A beautiful wish, isn't it?" Iruma's own voice drawls mockingly.

Iruma gasps. "You're... Me..."

Sure enough, standing before Iruma now isn't Asmodeus, but himself. Except for his evil smirk and more indigo colored hair, it's almost like looking through a mirror.

"Well...sort of. I am you, but I'm not like you," the other Iruma sneers. "Anyways, you better have enjoyed a glimpse of your wish. We don't get a future like this." The other Iruma snaps his fingers, and the scenery changes from the posh room leading out onto a balcony, overlooking the starry night sky, to the darkest abyss.

Thick black vines wind around Iruma's body with startling speed. Tears pour from Iruma's eyes and a scream tears out of his mouth as the vines constrict, squeezing his body.

The other Iruma sighs. "You've already resigned to our fate. Some demon king."

"Iruma, please! You must wake up!" A bright light shines from high above both Irumas.

Both Irumas look up at the source of the light, shining through Asmodeus from a rectangle opening in the abyss.

Asmodeus uses one hand to hold onto the side of the opening and desperately reaches down for Iruma with the other, palm up. "You never give up!"

"Heh. Of course he's here." The other Iruma lets out a maniacal, almost crazed, laugh. "He's always here for us," he whispers to Iruma.

"So don't start now!"

Iruma grunts, trying to move against the vines' will. He lets out a cry once the vines around his right arm crumble, and he reaches as far as he can for Asmodeus's outstretched hand. "It's... It's over... I can't-"

"No! I've got you." Tears fall uncontrollably from Asmodeus's eyes. "I'm not letting go of you, Iruma," he cries.

"I... I..." Not even the other Iruma is around anymore. Surely the abyss is about to swallow him up now too.

"Don't you understand, Iruma? I... I..." Asmodeus grits his teeth before finally letting out what's in his heart. "I love you!"

Iruma's eyes go wide.

"I've been by your side for so long--me and everyone else--so please! Stay!"

Hope sparks in Iruma's heart, and it rages into an inferno once he finally grasps Asmodeus's hand. All the vines crumble off of him.

"Stay," Asmodeus cries again, and Iruma's eyes shoot open.

The dark abyss, the monster, it's all gone. Iruma's alive, lying in Asmodeus's arms, in the very room he was supposed to die in, but the ground is rumbling, and the room is crumbling around them.

But for some strange reason, as Asmodeus and Iruma stare at each other, not a single piece of debris hits them.

"...You... You love me...?" Iruma asks breathlessly.

"Iruma, you..." Asmodeus's face relaxes into a soft smile, the very same smile he gave Iruma in his wish. "You really can be an idiot sometimes..."

Iruma can't help but smile back at Asmodeus with a similar soft, loving smile, the one that was always meant for him. "I love you too," he breathes.

Asmodeus cups Iruma's cheek with his right hand, and both of their eyes close as Asmodeus leans in, and Iruma leans up so their lips meet in a kiss.

Their hearts have never felt so complete, so full of love.