Any trace of defensiveness was gone and he explained everything I missed. They had gone to the graveyard and went into the Redfield tomb. Inside, there was a hidden package for John B. It was a map to the Royal Merchant crash sight and a recording. Mr. Routledge found where the Royal Merchant should be, and therefore the gold that went down with it. 

Apparently, they knew we were going to find the gold and already started to think of what they'll do with it. I mean, we all would get about 80 million. Pope naturally is gonna pay for college. Kie wanted to make a double album, which surprised me a bit. As for John B and JJ, they were all for going full Kook.

There was a moment of silence between us after JJ told me everything. "What about you?" He asked out of the blue. "What are you gonna do with your money?"

"Definitely not go full Kook," I say with a laugh. Been there, done that. "I think I wanna do a mix, you know. Take something out of Pope's book and pay for college, get myself a nice, little place somewhere not too far, and live out my days with people that make me happy." I look off in the distance as I talk, a smile coming to my face as I imagine this future.

I didn't notice that JJ was watching me, smiling to himself at my smile. "I think that's the most sentimental I've ever seen you."

I look over at him and giggle. "Stop," I say as I lightly push him with my shoulder.

"What? I didn't do anything this time." He put his hands up in fake surrender.

I ignored him and continued to stare off into the water. It was really nice to be able to talk to JJ without other people around us. It was refreshing.

"Hey, Flower?" I hummed at JJ, showing him I was listening. "Look at me for a second."

I huffed out in fake annoyance, swinging my head to look at him. He moved closer, bringing his hand up to rest on my cheek.

My breath got stuck in my throat. "JJ..." I whispered.

"Shh. Just go with it." He whispered back, lips maybe an inch from mine. I could feel his breath brush across my skin.

He inched forward, slowly, centimeter by centimeter. He was taking too much time, as when his lips were right by mine, a second from touching, the backdoor slammed opened and JJ and I pulled apart as quickly as we could.

"Adara?" John B called out, still obviously tired. "Good, you're here." He said before walking back inside almost immediately.

JJ stood up first and offered me a hand. I took it, not saying a word as I walked briskly into the Chateau. To be honest, I wasn't completely sure what that whole thing was about, but I wasn't completely against it. Which only made me walk away faster.

----

Once everyone was at John B's, and they knew I was all caught up, we hopped on the HMS Pogue and set sail.

I tried to stay my distance away from JJ after what happened on the dock, but I somehow ended up sitting at the front of the boat, under his arm anyway.

We were in the middle of the water when JJ whistled, nodding his head towards a different boat. "You guys see that? That's the Malibu 24-MXZ, the world's finest wakesetter. Number one in luxury, quality, and performance. 200K, easy."

I listened to JJ, watching the boat with my head tilted. I knew that boat. It looked familiar.

"We picked the wrong parents," Pope said.

As it got closer, I realized why it was familiar - it was Topper's boat.

Kie's the one who first said it though. "I hate to break it to you guys, but that's Topper and his girlfriend."