She made eye contact with Draco's steel gaze, she gave him a shy smile. Rays of green and yellow danced onto of her ginger locks from the stained glass window above. Her eyes sparkled with mirth when she turned to Theo.

"Say that again, Dora." She smiled.

Theo opened his mouth with confidence, his eyes bulged when no sound left his throat. He silently shouted at Lyra, who left his with the answer of a rude hand gesture.

_______________

Moody had asked Lyra to stay behind after the Defence Against the Dark Arts lesson. Her stomach lurched and twisted uncomfortably as she walked behind him, heading towards his small, damp office space.

"Close the door behind you, girl." Moody ordered, sinking into his chair.

Lyra shuffled across the floor, watching the sneekascope on his desk twirl and screech. He smacked his lips repeatedly, searching through his desk draws.

Lyra fidgeted with her hands, this doing her thumbs in her lap. An unsettling nervousness bubbled in her blood.

"Ah!" Moody called out, holding onto what looked like a hairpin, "Dumbledore has a task for you."

Lyra ears perked at the mention, pride simmered in her momentarily; her eyes were drawn back to the sneekascope, the fear clawed its way back in.

"During the last trial," He muttered under his breath before carrying on, "When I signal you, you must active the portkey, it'll take you to a safe house where the galleons are being kept."

She nodded skeptically, taking the ornamental hairpin from his grip. "So I just get the coins and come back?" She asked slowly.

"Easy as that." Moody licked his lips and smiled sinisterly.

Lyra felt her magic pulse in the veins, heating in her slowly. The room smelt like black tea and leather polish, not leather. She scrunched her face and abruptly stood up.

"So what's the 'signal' Professor," Lyra asked, dropping the hairpin into her robe pocket.

"A nod," He nodded for reference, "Now her to supper."

Lyra scurried towards the door, she tried to even out her breath and remain calm while she was still in the room. Everything about Moody's aura was unsettling, almost, frightening.

She heaved out heavy breaths and lent against the cold stones beside the doorway. A familiar face was advancing up the corridor in her direction.

"Happy birthday, Malfoy," Lyra smiled, pushing herself to walk alongside him, "Get anything nice?"

He looked at her in a questioning manner, his eyes flashed with excitement, the cool toned grey bleeding into blue. "Mainly Quidditch presents."

"Oh," Lyra crosses her arms over her chest tightly, "How's Parkinson and her ever growing baby?"

Draco groaned loudly, letting head fall back. "I'm ready to hex her, she just won't shut up! It's my birthday I should be waited on, not hung off of."

Lyra's chuckles echoed through the deserted corridors of the school. "Now you know how I feel when I look at her," She rolled her eyes, "I won't wait on you hand and foot, but I will tell you that you're top of the class for Potions again."

He scowled at her, "What do you mean?"

She looked away from his piercing stare, "I saw in my uncle's classroom. You beat me again."

He smirked, straightening her posture as he walked, "Told you I would, Fairfax. You'll have to admit I'm better than you now."

"Never in a million years, birthday brat." She smiled innocently.

He sneered at her and picked up his pace, walking off ahead of her in a flurry of black and green. She rolled her eyes, jogging towards him, her hair floated after her in waves of orange and glossed amber.

"Could I cheer you up with a present?" Lyra murmured, fishing in her school bag, "It's nothing up to your pureblood-y, rich wizard standards, but a gift nonetheless.

She handed him an unused, black, leather bound journal. The pages were crisp and white, not even the faintest trace of yellow like their usual parchment.

"It'll only open with a password you create, currently you just tap in and say alohomora," Lyra ginned brightly, her cheeks filling under her eyes with a pink sheen.

Draco took the book from her grip, pulling out his wand to open it like she said. "How do I change it, Fairfax?" His voice was clipped and cold, as usual, but warmth was laced within, which didn't go amiss to Lyra."

"Close it, tap the front three times. Then you say the new password tap it once and it'll change." Lyra said in a textbook voice.

"Happy birthday!" Lyra mused as they broke apart.

He watched her drop down in the empty space beside Cedric, pressing a swift kiss on his cheek before piling up her plate. Cedric wrapped an arm around her shoulders, and muttered something that made her laugh with a childlike glee.