"Great Aunt Caroline," Klaus exclaimed, "Great Uncle Jim."

"Oh haven't you got so big since I last saw you Klaus," the lady, Caroline, cooed before turning her attention to me. "And who might this be?"

Klaus smiled proudly. "This is my girlfriend, Isadora."

"It's nice to meet you," I said politely, trying to stop my cheeks from flushing. It never got old to be introduced as Klaus' girlfriend. At this point it was old news but it still made me embarrassingly giddy and bashful.

The pair joined us at our table and we made small talk for a while before Violet came over and stole me away after offering her niceties to them as well.

"Come on," she said, dragging me by my wrist, "let's leave those oldies to it and dance."

"I can't dance," I complained, shooting a glance over my shoulder to Klaus, who had got stuck with more distant relatives joining him for a chat.

Violet made an irritated noise. "Everyone can dance. It's not that hard."

Once we reached the dance floor, she instantly twirled me and then started moving furiously fast to the music. I couldn't help the laugh that came out as I watched her, just completely in her own world, not caring about what anyone thought. In that moment she reminded me of Lily and I felt myself feel almost disappointed she wasn't there. Lily loved a disco. I reminded myself I would have to have one in her living room with her soon to make up for it.

"Come on Isadora! What're you waiting for?" Violet called out to me over the music.

I glanced around at the people around us; family and friends of the Baudelaires. I had been so hung up on making a good impression but no one seemed to be paying any attention to the people around them. Instead, they were just having a good time and enjoying themselves.

I shrugged slightly. "I have no idea."

Then I threw away my pride and tried to match Violet's dancing style, much to her amusement.

We danced until I thought my legs might fall off and I was gasping for a drink, so I escaped the crowd on the dance floor and headed back to our table. Klaus was a little bit away, talking to some guys he had pointed out earlier as his cousins, but when he noticed me resting at the table alone, he excused himself and came over to me.

"You didn't have to end your conversation," I told him.

Klaus shook his head. "To be quiet honest, I wasn't really sure what they were on about anyway." He took a sip of his own drink. "Are you having fun?"

I nodded happily. "Yeah, I had no idea your family were such dancers."

Klaus laughed. "Yeah they can really throw some shapes."

We both looked towards the dance floor, where his parents were having a whale of a time.

"Do you want to get some air?" He said and I nodded. It was slightly stuffy with so many people in one room.

Klaus offered me his hand and I took it without a second thought. We made our way through the grand foyer of the manor and out the main entrance which had been decorated with an archway full of foliage and ribbons. We stepped out onto the grass and then began to walk slowly, just taking in the impressive grounds. The sun had just began to set and the first few stars had started to peek out from the increasing darkness.
Eventually we reached what seemed to be a flower garden, with a huge stone fountain at its centre. We stopped for a minute to sit on its edge and gazed up at the colourful sky.

"It's so pretty," I commented, more to myself than anyone else.

"What part?"

"All of it," I replied, gesturing around. "I want to get married in a place like this. Surrounded by flowers."

Klaus smiled. "I'll keep note of that."

After a little while longer, when darkness had fully enveloped us and the wind turned chillier, I stood up.

"We should probably go back inside, right?" I said.

Klaus got up too but softly grabbed my hand so I wouldn't walk off. "Just a little longer," he said quietly before pulling me closer.

I smiled up at him right before we kissed, and gently let go of his hand so I could snake my arms around his neck.

"Oi lovebirds!" A voice shouted through the night and I jumped out of my skin. There Violet stood and, although it was too dark to properly see her expression, I could imagine she was looking very smug; as she usually was whenever she interrupted us.

"We're heading off soon so you should probably come and say goodbye to everyone," Violet said before going on ahead of us.

Klaus and I shared an embarrassed laugh and followed Violet's orders. But not before sharing one last kiss under the stars.

A/N: 

Hi I hope you guys liked this chapter! I'm sorry I was gone for so long, I lowkey feel like I don't exist these days, if that even makes sense hahah

I'll keep this short and sweet this time. Thank you so much for reading! All of the support really means so much to me, so thank you for all of the votes and comments ❤

See you next time :))