Chapter 1: Finding Out

• Dedicated to Deadlox and Skydoesminecraft

~Ty’s POV~

“Why do I have to stay in this stupid house with this stupid tail and these stupid ears and my stupid dad and…ERG” Oh sorry I suppose I should introduce myself, my name is Tyler Ellis but everyone calls me Ty.  I live in a house with my father, Jacob Ellis, he is an alcoholic and abuses me but I don’t tell anyone.  I’m 18 and graduated just 2 weeks ago, since then I have been getting out of the house as much as possible and hanging out with my best friend, Adam, or Skydoesminecraft.  Yes, I am Deadlox.  But there is one thing my viewers don’t know about me…I’m a cat hybrid and I have a crush on my best friend.

~Adam’s POV~

It was about 5 PM so I decided to go see if Ty could hang out.  We have been hanging out a lot since we graduated, I’m not complaining though.  Ty nor my viewers know that I have a huge crush on Ty but I just don’t know how to tell him or how he will feel.  I mean what if it breaks our friendship?  Or he doesn’t feel the same and hates me afterwards?  I pushed these thoughts to the back of my head as I arrived at Ty’s house and rang his doorbell.

~Back to Ty’s POV~ (sorry for all the POV changes)

I held my sister, Kayla, close as father tried to get in the room to hurt us.  Kayla was also a cat hybrid as we got this from our mother.  Father chased my mother away by starting to abuse her as well.  We have no idea where our mother went but all we know is she left us to die with our father.  Kayla was a year younger than me but she graduated early because she was too smart for 9th grade and skipped to 10th with me.  Father abuses us because I’m gay, Kayla supports me, and we are hybrids.  I cut ALOT and no one seems to have notice yet.  Anyway, father keeps trying to unlock the door or break it down until we hear the doorbell ring and he stops.  I know he wouldn’t try anything with anyone around so I kiss the top of   Kayla’s head and go to answer the door.  My father shoves me when I walk past but I just catch myself and keep walking to the door.  Once I’m at the door I put a fake smile on and open it to see Adam smiling brightly at me.  “Hey Ty!” Adam says in his usual happy voice and hugs me, of course I hug back.  “Hey Adam, What’s up?”  He lets go of me still smiling brightly.  “Wanna hang out?”  I fake smile again.  “Sure let me grab something, come on in”  I open the door more for him and he steps in and I say as I close the door.  “Wait here I’ll be right back” and he just nods.  I run upstairs tell Kayla to go to a friends house as she nods going to call someone, probably her best friend Kaitlynn.  I grab my wallet and my phone and run back to the door to see Kayla talking to Adam.  I yell to ‘father’ that we’re leaving and he just yells back an ok.  Adam and I are going to the park and Kaitlynn’s house is on the way to the park so we are walking Kayla there.  We all start walking and talking about random things until we get to Kaitlynn’s house. I hug Kayla and tell her I will come get her on my way home and she nods and hugs Adam as well.  Adam has always been like Kayla’s 2nd  brother and my 1st brother.  Kayla runs to her friend at the door and Adam and I wave to the 2 girls and continue walking to the park.  As we are walking Adam asks a question that simply terrifys me.  “So Ty why was your father yelling before I came over, and why was Kayla crying?”  I just froze where I was standing and stared at Adam.  His expression was a mix of worry and curiosity.  I had only one thought ‘damn it damn it damn it!’ I must have spaced out for a while because Adam was shaking me and yelling my name. “Ty!  Ty!  TY!” I could only muster 1 sound.  “Huh?”  “ You spaced out, now please answer my question”  I just then realized that Adam took us to a private area in the park and sat us on a bench.  Since there was no one else around I just broke down crying right in front of Adam.

~Adam’s POV~

 I was waiting for Ty to answer when he looked around and then just broke down crying.  I quickly pulled him into my chest and into a warm hug.  He cried for about 10 mintues then he just stayed close to me for another 30 mintues or so then he whispered so quietly some words that terrified me just as much as he must have been when I aksed the question.  "He abuses Kayla and I, has for years."