十四

Chapter Fourteen「Identity」

Chapter Fourteen
Identity

꧁꧂

[LOADING GAME]

"You must've had fun manipulating my Knight like that," one of the kings scowled from his side of the chessboard. "You even tricked him to a silly little promise."

"He is my Pawn," the girl replied.

"Douma is my Knight," he insisted. "You can be my Queen."

"You're also my Pawn, my dear King."

[SAVE COMPLETE]

꧁꧂

"You two are demons, albeit rather different," (Y/N) acknowledged.

The two demons next to the tree gasped slightly from surprise once again at her recognition. Both parties made no motion to move closer to the other.

"How did you know that?" the male demon interrogated her, glare glued to his face.

"I have a strong sense of auras."

"And you," the female demon spoke for the first time, gaze pointed at the girl, "what are you?"

(Y/N) tilted her head at her question.

"What else can I be other than human?"

"But your aura is so different," the woman argued. Her voice was soft and gentle, almost like a mother's lullaby dancing in the calm of the night. "Based on senses alone, I can't tell if you're human or demon."

The (H/C) raised her eyebrow up in confusion, mentioning, "I do not recall taking in the blood of a demon." While she, of course, couldn't sense her own aura, she thought it was strange. She did not doubt the woman's words, for she recalled even some of the Hashira mentioning that they mistook her for a demon as well.

"My senses are telling me that you aren't fully a demon," the female demon assured. "However, from what we saw, you did seem to be well acquainted with Upper Moon Two."

"To be frank, I am tied with a few demons," the girl expressed, though she didn't speak the entire truth. She didn't have to mention her ties with the four strongest demons alive—at least, not yet. She wanted to gain their trust to take her in with them frist.

The male demon glared and stuck out his finger accusingly at the girl, interrogating, "Then why do you wear a Demon Slayer uniform?"