Chapter 12: allies

Previously on Douxie x OC

"We need allies in the war to come." Merlin says.

"Our enemies are many, but how will we face them alone?" Father asks Merlin. "I am a king with half an army."

"Then we go to the good trolls." Douxie tells father.

Father looks at him, notices our joint hands, smiles at me softly and nods.

------------------------------------------------

Mailins PoV:
Claire opens us a portal and we see Vendel about to remove the onyx shard from Jim.

"Hey, that's my boyfriend you're operating on!" Claire says angrily as we walk through the portal.

"Oh! Humans! Sound the alarm!" Vendel shouts.

"Hold! Please, Vendel of Dwoza." Father says as he exits the portal. He goes down on one knee "I humble myself before you. Camelot needs your help."

Vendel leads us outside and gathers the other trolls as fathers knight stand guard before father and Vendel.

"Gunmar the Black's swarm of Gumm-Gumms are ready to strike." Father explain as Douxie walks along the row of knights, to see what's going on.

"The monsters seek vengeance on both our kind." Father explains and Vendel turns to face him.

"And after all you've done, you expect us Trolls to fight this war for you?"

"No, not for me; with me, as equals." Father clarifies.

"Glorkus me!" Vendel says sarcastically.

"I vow, if we win this war, we shall live in peace." Father vows.

"Gumm-Gumms are terrifying warriors while we are but humble gravel miners. How do you expect us to ever defeat Gunmar?" Vendel asks.

"We will give you a secret weapon." Father replies.

Douxie, Claire, Jim and I try to get too closer to listen, but a guard shoos us away.

"You really think they can work this out?" Jim asks skeptically.

"They have to, or everyone in Camelot and Dwoza are doomed." Douxie answers.

"Then so is saving history. Great." Claire says.

"I assure you; all will be fine once I've completed my amulet." Merlin says as he walks over to us. He looks at Jim "So this is the once and future trollhunter I've heard of. May I have a word, alone?"

"Um, sure." Jim nods and says to us "be right back." before going with Merlin.

Claire looks at Douxie questioningly but Douxie just shrugs.

After a while we walk over to them.

"Hey, is everything okay? What are you talking about?" Claire asks and Jim answers.

"Oh, um... nothing. Just Merlin prepping me for the trip home." Jim reassures Claire.

My eyes widen at that and Douxie and I ask at the same time "Wait, wait, wait, you finally finished the Heart of Avalon? It's working?"

Claire quietly awes at us talking in sync "you two are too cute sometimes." She says and smiles at me. I feel my cheeks heat up with a blush.

"Indeed." Merlin meanwhile answered our question. "But first, we must survive the battle to come."

Father then calls Merlin "Wizard, we've reached an agreement. Now you must convince the crowd." Merlin nods and speaks to the trolls.

After Merlin success in convincing them the crowd cheers. Merlin the pulls Douxie and me to the side.