16: Pick-up Lines

Start from the beginning

"You're full of pick-up lines, aren't you?"

"Pretty good ones, if I have to say so myself," he said, leaning in so that we were only audible through whispers. 

I've noticed that Peter had two or three different personalities in which he somehow bundles up into one. But tonight, his romantic side took over which was nice... yet a little strange.

Oh well, he probably wasn't use to it.

"My love for you," he whispered, as I edged in closer to hear to his words. The candel light's flames danced on his face as his nose inched closer to mine as the atmosphere around us thickened. "Is like diarrhea," he continued, "I just can't hold it in."

My eyes widened as my face backed away immediately. Unaware of my actions, he then gave me an eager look as if to ask, "how was that one?"

"Um," I hesitated, still staring at the not-so-romantic boy, "you can still work on it."

His face lit up as his mouth opened to say more, "I love you like a pig loves not being bacon."

"Pete-"

"Did you just fart?" He teased, holding his nose, "because you just blew me away."

Just when I was about to stop him, he abandoned his chair and brought his lips up close to my ear. In a seductive voice, he said, "your body is 65% water, and guess what? I'm thirsty."

"Peter! This isn't romantic at all," I stated finally, breathing a sigh of relief when he pulled away.

He paused, questioning his word-choice once again. His eyes lit up in a kind familiarity that I enjoyed seeing. "Teach me," he murmured. "Just like how you taught me what a date, or even a waltz was."

"You mean, teach you how to be romantic?" I hesitated, shifting my gaze from the floor to Peter's face. The distance between us was a mere four or five inches, but still, it seemed surprisingly intimate.

"Well first you... um...," I was lost in words due to the fact that by the second, he was gradually diminishing the inches between our lips without knowing it. "Peter. Snap out of it," I said, poking his forehead and sighing when he blinked a few times in confusion.

"Sorry, I thought it was the right time."

I shook my head with a "tsk, tsk, tsk," and laughed. "Romance doesn't come that easy, Pancake."

He frowned when I said his nickname, but shrugged it off when I started tracing the outline of his cheek.

"Lesson one, of how to not scare girls with your pick-up lines," I smiled, my finger ran along down to his cleft-chin. "Is to... well...," I paused for a brief second.

"Let me guess, there is no real way to learn romance, is there?" He finished for me.

I nodded and tried to pull away, only to be held back by Peter's hand. "Don't you know? Peter Pan never fails," he said with a slight smirk. "And I am not giving up."

A sudden interest overtook me as he pulled me into a soft embrace.

"If I can't learn through words," he murmured, "then I'll have to learn through action." To sweeten the hug, he placed a simple kiss on top of my head. "Am I doing it correctly?"

I laughed, and nodded a "yes," before returning the tight hug.

He didn't give me a chance to say another word before lowering his lips down to my face. Pausing underneath the moonlight, his breath came to a still as his kisses were placed delicately around, but not on my lips.

To be honest, it made my craving only seem to worsen.

He smirked between kisses, as he lowered and made his way to my cheek bone. Lower and lower his passion trailed, from my neck down to my collar bone. Even my sleeves drifted and fell, leaving my shoulder bare.

"P-Peter, stop," I gasped, placing a hand on his chest and pushing away. "I can't do this now."

He wavered for a moment and nodded understandingly. I knew he was fighting his urge as well as I was fighting mine. "Alright," he sighed, glancing up to look me in the eye, "just so you know, most people call me Pan. But you... can call me tonight."

I blushed and pulled my shoulder sleeve back up to its original position. "No, I'll settle with calling you Pancake."

Defeated, he gave me a longing grin. "Fine, whatever floats your boat, Angel... By the way can I ask you a question?"

Unsure whether or not to be afraid of his incoming response, I just nodded my head and let it happen.

"How was heaven when you left it?"

"Peter! Enough with the pick-up lines!" I laughed, nudging him in the shoulder. "it's also getting late. We should head back."

"Wait! Give me one more chance," he responded immediately, begging me to stay to listen to another line.

After a few struggles, I finally gave in.

My ears braced themselves for what they thought was going to be the worse one yet. But my concentration broke when he curled his fingertips around my hand.

"If stars would fall every time I would think of you," he said slowly, waving his hand over the constellations above us, "then the sky would be an empty sorrow."

As if on cue, the stars started to shimmer and drop from the sky like raindrops. The glistening drizzle speckled across the canopies of the trees below us and soon after a while, the rain drifted to a stop. The night sky was a dull black canvas with a lonely moon.

"But," he continued, with a light smile on his lips, "I bet your father was an astronomer because he put all the stars into your eyes."

His rich green gaze faded into my own as one by one, the stars blinked up into the nightsky once again. Constellations returned to their natural form and the moon was then accompanied by masses of solar systems.

"So you saved the best for last?" I asked teasingly, yet still in awe of the phenomenon.

Once all the stars were back up in their rightful position, he turned to me and blushed just a hint. "I guess you can say that."

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-15 degrees fahrenheit never felt so good.

My school cancled today, leaving more time to update on a few more chapters.

Thanks for all the support, and hope your winter isn't as chilling as mine.

Comment, Vote, and Follow for more,

~Katie P.N.