Chapter 29: Knight of Vermillion

En başından başla

The two were teleported to a forest-like scenery and the crowd watched the fight unfold via live telecast.

" Are you prepared to lose, human?" Riser said as he took his stance.

" 5 minutes."

" What?"

" 5 minutes. That is how long it will take for me to defeat you." Said Erin with a smirk.

" W-WHY YOU!"

Erin focused and began chanting some lines as she slowly transformed into her battle form.

" I am a descendant of the Vermillion blood.
I exist to serve the worthy and fight towards a just cause.
Whatever order it be, it shall be my decree
And I shall exist to fulfill it within the best of my ability!"

*(FLASH)*

The Goddess was clad in her Knight battle form and her Sacred Gear transformed to a head gear, covering her face. She held a mighty sword on her right and the powerful thunder shield on her left.

"{ We are ready to fight, My child.}"

" Bring it on, Voltaire." Replied Erin in battle-frenzy mode.

" {And victory shall be the only thing we see!} " Her head-gear glowed in response to the Dragon's roar.

Riser dashed towards her but he was no match to the Goddess' quick movements. Erin raised her sword and stabbed Riser's back causing him to release a piercing scream and fall on his knees.

" Crying already?" Erin said as she circled him. " We haven't even started fighting seriously."

Riser's wounds healed in a few seconds and he faced the Goddess with a murderous look.

"I'LL KILL YOU!"

He released a fire beam and aimed it at Erin but using the thunder shield, the Goddess was able to fend off the attack.

" Kuh." She held the shield tightly and stood firm on the ground. Riser's relentless attacks caused her to move a few inches from where she was standing.

" Voltaire, deflect his attacks and shoot it back at him!" The Goddess ordered in irritation.

" {Affirmative} "

*(ZAP!)*

The shield was amplified by the gear and it released a thunder bolt which caused a chain reaction to Riser. The man was blown away and sent to the ground.

The Goddess wasted no time on dashing at Riser and circling him at great speeds. She slashed the man multiple times causing wounds and bruises to appear on his body.

"ARGHH! You Stupid human!"

Riser made a blind guess and grabbed whatever he can amidst the whirlwind speed. He took a hold of Erin's foot and he hurled it away so the attacks would stop.

Erin quickly regained her balance which prevented her from crashing to the ground.

Riser stood up and flew a good distance above the ground. Erin narrowed her eyes at this because she was certain the man would massacre the area with fire balls, burning everything to a crisp.

"Tsk. I can't use my wings to catch up to him. But I have an idea."

" Voltaire. We can use the shield to give us a lift towards the air, correct?"

" { Yes. But that would consume a lot of mana and any more attacks would afffect you physically. } "

" Heh. Then that's good enough for me. I'll destroy him even if I get killed in the process!"

" { HAHA! Then use everything in your power, child! } " replied Voltaire who was also in battle frenzy mode.

Erin's head piece glowed and she directed her magic power to the shield.

*(Lightning Cackle)*

The shield glowed bright blue with sparks surrounding it. Forcing a great amount of magic, Erin lowered it near the ground and the shield blasted a lightning bolt which catapaulted Erin to the air.

"Voltaire, amplify my magic power so I can course lightning through my sword!" Erin commanded in mid-air.

"{ROGER!}"

" TAKE THIS! -

" No I won't! " Erin replied and skillfully aimed the sword towards Riser's chest. It made contact with his body and the man writhed in pain while screaming. Erin placed pressure to the sword and Riser was electrocuted by the lightning which coursed through the weapon.

" { My Child, you need to stop using magic at this point. Any more use of the Gear to amplify your power will be fatal to your health.} "

" Not yet.." replied Erin with gritted teeth as a trail of blood dripped on the side of her mouth. " I have to make this man concede to defeat."

Voltaire sighed but followed nonetheless.

" { Then do your best to avoid draining your body too much. }. "

" ARRGHHH! M-MAKE IT STOP!"

The two fell to the ground but Erin still took a hold of the sword, refusing to let Riser go.

" NO! ONII-SAMA!"

Erin looked to the source of the voice and she can see a familiar girl running towards the man.

" You- Hey! Stop advancing any further! You might get electrocuted too."

"I don't care!" Ravel responded and kneeled down beside Riser who was still writhing in pain. " Please make this stop! Any more of this would kill my onii-sama since his body can't heal the grave attacks at such speed!"

Erin sighed and pulled out the sword from Riser's body. The man released another scream and Ravel quickly tended to his wounds.

"You should be thankful to your sister. If it wasn't for her, you'll be dead by now." spoke Erin to the man.

Seconds later, a booming voice echoed from the speakers which announced the Goddess' victory against Riser.

- End of Chapter -