Ways to Cope | Tamayo x Teen!Daughter!Reader (Angst + Fluff)

Start bij het begin

(Y/n) was the only survivor of Tamayo's family following her transformation though Tamayo had gravely injured (Y/n) before she gained control of her demon urges. Tamayo agreed to serve Muzan so that he would turn (Y/n) into a demon to save her. Now, four hundred years later, they were forced to hide in the shadows as fugitives. While Tamayo worked day and night developing a cure to demonization and a poison to kill Muzan, (Y/n) drank away the sorrows of her lost family and the pity of their situation.

After a long hour of holding (Y/n) in her arms, Tamayo left the room and returned to her office. She spent hours reading up on rehabilitation methods. Aversion therapy was Yushiro's suggestion.

"There are pills that make people vomit when they drink alcohol. We can make one, hide it in (Y/n)'s food and let the magic happen." He explained.

Tamayo sweat dropped. "That sounds effective." She held her hand up to her chest and looked down at the ground. "But I don't like the idea of making (Y/n) sick."

"Lady Tamayo, we have tried many times to help (Y/n) these past years but nothing has worked. This may be the only way to end it."

Tamayo shook her head. "At least make it the last resort. I have some idea of how to help her. I have just realized we haven't been getting her involved in our work and she did want to be a doctor. I'm sure she will like the idea."

Yushiro's gut told him this wasn't going to go well but he agreed with Tamayo, nonetheless.

---

"Huh?" (Y/n) raised an eyebrow. "You want me to join your petty doctoring job."

"It's not petty you brat!" Yushiro hissed.

Tamayo leveled a glare at him, and he went silent. Her eyes softened at (Y/n). "Yes. Remember when I was sick. You took care of me. You will be able to take care of patients."

(Y/n) made a face signaling that she wasn't interested. "Like you said, everyone has different ways of coping. Mine is drinking to escape reality. Yours is helping other people to make up for the fact that you couldn't help yourself."

"(Y/n)!" Tamayo raised her voice though those words stung her heart. She held her hand to her chest and sighed. "I only wanted to live for you and your siblings. I wanted to watch you all grow up."

Yushiro glared at (Y/n). "Way to thank your own mom." He hissed.

"Whatever." (Y/n) walked out of the kitchen. "I'm going out." She left the house to go to the bar again. Neither of the two demons stopped her.

Tamayo closed her eyes letting a few tears go while Yushiro comforted her as best he could. After a while Tamayo sighed. "Let's do it." She referred to making the pill for aversion therapy. "Even if (Y/n) doesn't want to help, her drinking problem needs to stop."

---

(Y/n) walked through the crowd of people carrying a pair of whiskey bottles that she purchased with her mom's money. She did feel bad about stealing from her mom to indulge her addiction. Each time she questioned herself. (Y/n) didn't know how she became addicted to alcohol in the first place. 

However, this time (Y/n)'s mind was on the conversation a few minutes ago. Regret swelled within her recalling what she had said to her mother. The woman who continued to care for her despite how many times she had to go pick up (Y/n)'s drunken self and the arguments that turned physical due to (Y/n)'s irritability.

(Y/n) clenched the bag of whiskey. A couple of tears came out. Mom... I'm so- Her thoughts were cut off by a commotion ahead of her.

Then came the million-dollar question. "Is anyone here a doctor?"

(Y/n) looked around hoping Tamayo if anyone would magically appear and respond to the call for help. But all the crowd did was look around just like she was doing. As she walked closer, she saw a seizing man unresponsive to anyone. (Y/n) used her x-ray vision demon blood art to check for any sort of faults in the man's brain and immediately found it.

"It's a brain aneurysm. We need to get him to a hospital." (Y/n) stated as she subconsciously dropped the whiskey bottles and in a split second picked up the man and took off back home which doubled as a hospital. Bursting through the doors, she stormed into the hall. "Mom! You're need! We have an aneurysm."

Tamayo came rushed down the hall and ushering (Y/n) into the operating room for surgery. While Tamayo and Yushiro worked on the man, (Y/n) was outside pacing around the hall much like she used when she was human learning from her mom. There were times when a patient required a treatment that she was not yet ready to administer so her mom would take over. The anxiety of wanting to know whether her patient was okay dwelled within her. She missed that feeling even though it stressed her out.

At last the door opened. "Success." Tamayo said earning a sigh of relief from (Y/n). Tamayo patted her head. "You did well getting him here fast."

"I wish I could have helped more." The words fell out of (Y/n)'s mouth. Not that she minded since it was the truth.

Tamayo smiled at (Y/n). "Well why not pick up where you left off on your studies? Within a year at most, you will be able to do operations if you work hard." (Y/n) bit her lip. "If its your addiction you are worried about, we have ways to help you. We can do rehab first then move onto your studies so to not overwhelm you."

(Y/n) quickly nodded and hugged Tamayo. "Thank you, mom. I'm sorry for all of the trouble I've caused and for what I said earlier."

Tamayo held (Y/n) tightly. "It's okay. You're my daughter. I love you no matter what."

---

Three years had passed since (Y/n)'s rehab. She was currently preparing medical equipment for a surgery along with Tamayo.

"(Y/n)."

"Yes mom." (Y/n) looked at Tamayo from across the room.

Tamayo smiled warmly at her. "You're ready. You take the reigns for this surgery."

(Y/n)'s eyes lit up delight. "Yes mom! I'll do my best."

Tamayo walked over to (Y/n) and cupped her cheek on her hand. "I know you will, my daughter. Now let's go." The two walked out of the operation room to get the patient. It was their way of coping. By helping people in need.