Chapter 3

We enter the papa pablonos mexican restaurant and a waitress shows us to our seats, asking us what what we would like to drink. I put my hands together and lay them in my lap, telling her I would like a dr. pepper.

"So..." I begin. "Tell me why everyone says you are such a bad boy. I've never really heard anything other than you getting into trouble all the time."

"Well." He laughed a little. "That is a long story and it will bore you most likely." He smiled at me.

"Maybe just shorten it? I'd just like to know cause what I've seen so far is a really nice person." I smiled back.

"Okay, but don't say I didnt warn you." He looked like he was thinking about what to say and where to even begin. "Well, I have an older sister and an older brother. To my parents they were just gold. They always did just the right things that impressed my parents. I never got any attention. In fact, my parents hated me. They always kept telling me how they wished I was never born and just downed me all the time." He sighed. "I tried everything to get their love and affection but nothing I did was ever good enough. So I finally stopped caring and just had all this anger inside of me. I'd get in fights with other guys and just constantly stay in trouble." He looked down at his hands, shaking his head. "But I'm trying to let all the anger go. It wasn't anyone else's fault how I waa treated by my parents."

Then he looked up at me with the saddest eyes I have ever seen. He was tearing up. My heart just shattered into pieces. How could a parent treat their child like that? He didn't deserve that. Connor then brought his hand to my face and wiped a tear. I didn't even realize I was crying.

"Look, don't cry. The last thing I want is for you to be sad or feel sorry for me." He smiled a little.

"I'm sorry. That's just so awful. I can't believe someone would treat their own kid that way. When is the last time you talked to any of them?" I asked.

"Well, they shipped me off to my aunts here when I was 15 so since then."

"Well, they didn't deserve an amazing person as you in their lives anyways." I stated. "I just want you to know that if you need anyone to vent to or to help you with all that anger you can always come to me."

He smiled at me and nodded his head as if saying that he would. Before another word could be spoken the waitress came back with our drinks and took our orders. I always get the same thing everytime I come here. The chimichanga lunch plate. Even just thinking about it made my mouth water.

"So, tell me about Matt. What is the story behind the two of you?" He asked bring me back to reality from my thoughts.

"Matt? Oh we have been friends since preschool. In fact, he's my only friend. I love him, don't get me wrong. But I couldn't see myself dating him. It would just feel really weird."

"Are you saying you've made your choice already?" He smirked at me.

"Well, no. I'm just saying. It would feel weird. But Matt has been in love with me since fourth grade. He really doesn't have a background. Other than wanting me to pick him cause he is 'best suited' for me since you're a terrible person." I laughed.

"Ah. Understand." He said moving his hair out of his face.

It was silent until we got done eating. The whole time I just kept looking at him, taking in his features. The way his dark brown hair fell into his eyes, how it shined. It made me just want to run my fingers through it. It just looked like it was so soft. Then his eyes. Oh his eyes! The most beautiful blue I had ever seen in my life. They made me just want to melt. His jawline, so perfect. His muscles. I bet if he held me in his arms I'd be safe for the rest of my life.

"Aurora?" I got draggee back to reality again.

"Huh?"

"I thought I lost you for a second." He laughed. "Ready to go?"

"Oh yea." I said getting up from my seat.

"I'm going to pay for the food. You can go get on the car." He handed me his keys.

I smiled and without another word got in the car and waited. It wasn't long before he got in the car and then we drove off. The ride was quiet. We didn't really say anything. Just silence.

When he pulled up to my driveway we both got out and he walled me to the door.

"Was this a date?" I asked nervously.

"I guess you could say that." He laughed and rubbed the back of his neck.

Was he nervous? Why would he be? I should be the one who is nervous! Maybe he hasn't really done this a lot. That would explain it but I wasn't about to ask.

"Well, I had fun. Thanks for today. It was great. Definitely one for the books."

"I had fun too. We should do it again sometime."

Before I could respond to him he started leaning in. Was he going to kiss me? I've never been kissed before. Now I was really nervous. I thought about moving but that would be rude. So I just closed my eyes. Then his lips kissed my cheek.

"I guess I'll see you around." He smiled and was gone before I could tell him the same.

Then a smile crept up apon my face and I blushed.

***

Do any of you reading this like it? It's my first try and I'm trying to make it as perfect as possile. :o I hope you're enjoying it. :)