十三

Chapter Thirteen「Promise」

Chapter Thirteen
Promise

꧁꧂

"You little brat, how are you still following me?" the peacock-feathered demon screeched.

The (apparently) female demon appeared from thin air as she spoke. Her skin was a veiny, pale grey surface adorned with flashy peacock feathers to form a dress. On the back of her head were more flashy feathers used as a hair piece.

"Weak things are easier to sense," (Y/N) apathetically taunted. She needed a way to keep the demon out in the open, and angering her seemed like the best option. The girl also noticed that the demon only appeared when she talked.

The demon gritted her teeth at the girl's insult, vanishing once again and fleeing faster this time. It was fruitless, however, as the (H/C) haired girl was still able to keep up. The peacock demon's aura eventually halted right at the outside of the village, and she appeared once more. This time, Tomioka, who was still trapped in feathers attached to her, appeared right next to her.

"Oh, I get it," the demon slowly started to conclude. She glared at the girl and pointed at the Water Hashira. "Since you're chasing after us, you must be his fiancée, right?"

(Y/N) paused and stole a glance at the Hashira. He couldn't speak for himself due to the feathers wrapped around his mouth. He looked at her blankly, seeming to await her response.

"Yes."

This would keep the demon angry, right? Plus, the girl figured it'd be amusing to piss off the demon even more.

Tomioka's eyes suddenly widened, and then he gave her a shocked look as the girl sensed his aura fill with disbelief.

"I knew it!" the demon bellowed with a growl, hands digging into her hair. "Ugh, I'm so jealous!" She bent over in distress, and (Y/N) sensed rage and envy in her aura. "Why can a girl like you woo a man while I can't? This is unfair! All the men in this village didn't want me, either!" She began to stomp around foolishly, and the (H/C) found herself scoffing at her idiocy.

"Wow," (Y/N) began with a fake sigh, "I can't imagine being so obsessed with attention that I'd demand random men to love me." She authoritatively inclined her head at the demon, toying with her. "How pathetic," she remarked with a degrading tone. The girl sensed the demon practically fume with boiling anger over her words.

(Y/N) dodged to the side as colorful peacock feathers sprouted from the demon's fingers and hurled their way towards her. They were thrown almost like little knives or darts, sending their way straight towards her. Still, they were very easy to avoid. Like feathers, they were light and small. Since she dodged, the sharp tips of the feathers pierced the dirt near her. Soon, they also all vanished into thin air.