♥15♥ Hello? Who is this?

Comincia dall'inizio

Michiyo looked at Kotarou and she looked at Kotarou with a happy smile; Kotarou have good timing! "Pass the phone to Kotarou!" 

"Ooh? Ooh." Kotarou held the phone to his ear, seemingly confused. 

--Kotarou-san, good afternoon.-- The scammers started to sound real professional, telling Kotarou how they're calling from a bank and that they needed his bank details in order to re-activate the frozen account. --Can you give me the account number to Sakura Ranfa's account. You can give it to me on her behalf?-- 

Kotarou had no idea what to say. The only part he got was Ranfa's full name.

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7..." Michiyo started counting the numbers!

--Why are you suddenly counting??? Kotarou-san, are you still there? We want the long number as displayed on Sakura-san's card." 

Michiyo blinked, what's a long number on a card? What card? "O~n~e, Twooooo, threeeeee." She genuinely didn't know what a long number was. She just thought it was a normal number said out loud in a very long stretch

--That's not what we meant! Is Kotarou-san or Sakura-san here?!-- 

"Kota, here." 

--It's a kid too?! Look, can we talk to someone who can understand when an adult is speaking?--

Kotarou and Michiyo looked up at the ceiling because they were thinking of so many people who could fit into that category! Which one were the callers talking about?!  

"Michiyo can understand." 

--No, you don't!-- 

"But you're speaking Japanese." 

--I'm not talking about that! Just be quiet, and pass the phone!--

What did pass the phone mean again? Michiyo took the phone and then she pressed the red button to end the call. She had no idea but the person on the other side of the phone was seething. 

"Kotarou, I did it!" 

"Ooh." 

"Michiyo did good so Michiyo deserve a cookie!" 

"Ooh." 

"Michiyo will get you a cookie too! I saw where Usa hide it!" 

"Cookie~." Kotarou's happy to hear that! 

"I'm back~." Ranfa came back back and she saw Michiyo and Kotarou eating a cookie. "Michiyo, you know you're not supposed to eat snacks unless Usaida is awake." 

"Hee~." 

"Hm?" Ranfa noticed her phone was vibrating. She decided to answer it. "Hello?" 

The scammers did not learn their lesson after having to deal with Michiyo and Kotarou. They've decided to try again at a later time hoping someone else who could understand them will pick up the phone. The scammers did their best to read what's on their script, telling Ranfa that they have frozen her bank account due to unrecognized transactions and that they need Ranfa's details in order to confirm her identity and re-open the account. 

"Wait, you're calling me to inform me that my account is frozen, but you should have already known it's me before you even called, right? Otherwise you wouldn't have called in the very first place." 

--Er- I know, Miss, but we just need YOU to re-confirm it again.-- 

"But you already have the info in front of you. You don't need me to confirm anything because it should already be in front of your screen." 

--Are we speaking to Miss Sakura Ranfa here???-- 

Ranfa raised her eyebrow at that. Now, she had no idea how these scammers got their hands on information like her name, but that's the least of her problem right now; with only a name, they couldn't do much without card number or the number at the back of the card. She decided to mess with whoever the person was on the other side; she's not human if she doesn't screw the other person over! 

"No, but you shouldn't do anything to her frozen account..." She knew full well her account was fine and not frozen. How? Because she bought something online while walking to school this morning! She ordered from a donut shop to pick up right after school so she could enjoy it! "I've robbed the girl's account the same way you have." 

--W-what?-- 

"You heard me. I robbed her real good. That's why the account is frozen." 

--But the number- we are calling--- 

"That's because I've hacked her number to use for myself. What? You think you're the only ones tricking people into giving their info to you? I do it too, I've been doing it for a living." Ranfa smirked when the scammers realized they're wasting their time and that they're not getting anything out of Ranfa. Ranfa sighed, "What a dumbass." 

"Nee-chan, I talked on your phone today!" 

"Did you now? Hope you had fun with it." 

"Yeah~! Michiyo was a good girl!" 

"I'm sure you were~." 

...

"Huh? You've received a scammer's call?" Kamitani asked her. He's walking her back home as usual. "What's with these scammers?" 

"They must have got a contact list from somewhere and they tried to rob me of my money. Seems like Michiyo had dealt with them." 

"It's a good thing she was smart to just mes with them." 

"Yeah." 

Kamitani heard his phone go and then he answered the phone, "Hello?" 

--Is this Kamitani Hayato? Your dad is taken hostage. You need to send us money in order for us to set him free.-- 

Another scammer's call?

At the same time, Ranfa received a call. This time it's not a scammer pretending to work in the bank, it's a scammer pretending to work for road traffic accidents claims and they asked if Ranfa had ever been involved in a car accident that wasn't her fault.

Kamitani did not look shocked one bit, "I can tell you now, I don't have any money so you might as well keep him. That will teach him a thing or two." Kamitani turned the phone off and then he looked at Ranfa to see how she was dealing with it. 

"Yeah, I've been in a car accident that wasn't my fault." 

--Can you give us the details?-- 

"The car took a dive from a cliff." 

--That's horrible! We can claim that for you, Miss, even if the car ended up down the cliff.-- 

"Of course. All road traffic accidents I am and will get involved in will never ever be my fault." 

--Uh, can you explain how that is possible?-- 

"Because I am the passenger, you fucking moron." She ended the call and she sighed, "I hope someone does something about these scammers." 

"Wouldn't it be better for you to meet them in person? You can at least deal with them before the police comes." 

"That's an EVEN better idea." 

When they reported to the local police, they were told their area had reports of scam calls and that Kamitani and Ranfa needed to be vigilant with such calls. Ranfa offered to volunteer to meet the scammers and beat the hell out of them but the police officer insisted it was best to rely on police!