十二

Chapter Twelve「Farewell」

Chapter Twelve
Farewell

꧁꧂

The sun had barely began to set when (Y/N) arrived home.

The girl sensed four different individuals inside of her house: three that represented Upper Moons One, Two, and Three, and one that was unfamiliar. She assumed the unfamiliar one was Muzan in another one of his disguises.

Very minimally opening the front screen to reduce the amount of sunlight pouring in, she made her way inside.

"Why are you all here again?" she asked, looking ahead of her to see the three Upper Moons all perched around her tea table.

"Why didn't you come home yesterday?" Muzan asked from the corner of the room.

(Y/N) averted her gaze to look at him, only to find him in his current human disguise: a neatly-kept young boy with his raven hair combed back and a book in his arms. He still looked at her with his signature glare on his face.

"You're so cute, Muzan-kun," the girl half-heartedly taunted.

"I could kill you in an instant."

"I know."

"So where were you?" Akaza asked—almost demanded.

"Final Selection was over yesterday morning," Kokushibou added.

"At a friend's estate," she answered. Right after she finished her sentence, she felt every demon's aura in the room shift to some emotion she couldn't recognize, but she knew it was negative.

"The same friend that bought you that necklace?" Muzan asked again, pointing at the accessory around her neck.

"No."

"Wait," Douma interjected, looking completely confused. "(Y/N)-chan has friends other than us?"

The girl brushed off his question and asked, "Since when were you all required to know my exact location every day?" She dropped off her new box of sakura mochi on the tea table and then began to head to her room, feeling everyone's eyes on her. She wasn't quite fond of the restraint she was feeling from them. "Is scolding all you came for?" she called out. Putting down her new uniform on the tatami mat, she sensed the four demons follow her to her room.

"No," Kokushibou answered for the group as he walked into the room first. "We also had some things to discuss."

Muzan was the last to walk in, and he was fixing the cuff of his shirt as he put down the book he was carrying on the way to her room—still disguised as a little boy, by the way.