Chapter 8: Quidditch and Detention

Start from the beginning

He pointed out the mandrake roots, and even a few more ingredients. Snape set to creating the potion, Rose watched taking mental notes. Snape had scolded her for trying to write it down, "How will you make one without your book?" Rose enjoyed his challenging style of teaching, she was learning so many tricks. Snape had just shown her an anti sticking charm to use on her measuring tools so the powder would be perfectly measured. Rose nodded as she learned the anti-jinx for the boogies. Upon the potion being complete Snape poured the contents into a large container before clearing the cauldron and telling her to begin. She began by inspecting the ingredients, she looked for any browning of the roots and leaves. She tested the texture of the bicorn horn, upon feeling satisfied she picked the best of the ingredients she began her potion. She turned the fire on after filling her water cauldron, Snape watched her every move. She was quiet, as she focused on every movement and advice Snape had given her. He was silent, not expressing even a drop of his opinion. The moment the potion transformed into an almost fiery red Snape walked towards her, "Well done." She smiled proudly as she looked at him, "May I stay and help?" Snape looked at her before casting a cleaning spell on the cauldron again. He motioned towards the door, Rose stood gathering her bag before walking towards the door. Snape's voice made her pause, "Ms. Park." Rose turned her head, "Yes Professor?" He glanced towards her before stating aloud, "Next time. Try Levicorpus." Rose smiled before she nodded her head, "Yes Professor." Snape looked away as he began to create another potion, Rose left the classroom, ready for the match tomorrow. 

Morning

The morning of the Match was bright and cold. Alice and Rose were bursting with joy for the quidditch match. Rose wanted to see what the fuss was about, while Alice just wanted to see Harry play. Cedric greeted them that morning, as the trio walked up to the great hall. However, before they could sit at the table Harry walked towards her. Rose's eyes narrowed as Alice immediately picked up the tense and strong glare she held. Harry went to open his mouth when a voice shouted, "Rose!" Rose smiled instantly the moment she looked towards the green table, "Rose. Don't-" Rose looked at him before stating, "You have no right to talk to me." She bid Alice a nod as she left the three in shock. 

The whole hall became quiet yet again, the buzz of the match paused. The students were watching Rose walk towards the smug Draco, who was very pleased to see her brush off Harry for him. He moved over, shooting a glare to Pansy to not say a word, "If it isn't the honorary Slytherin." Rose giggled as she sat next to him, "Morning Draco, Vincent, Gregory, Pansy." Pansy didn't say a word as the other two said hello in a mouthful of food. Draco began to brag towards her, “Obviously you’ll be sitting with the winning side today. After all, Slytherin is the top house right now.” Rose shook her head lightly as she looked at him, “You brag too much. I’m just going to be sitting with friends.” Draco seemed unhappy at the soft scolding while someone else started to snicker, a boy just like the group’s age was laughing, “She told you Draco. Glad I’m not the only one to bring down that inflated ego of yours.” Draco looked towards the male with a frown and he growled, “My ego is not inflated Blaze.” Rose watched as the two began to lightly bicker as Crabbe offered her some sausage and a bit of toast. Rose was happy to accept it as she began to eat, the mail arrived a little later. Merlin flew down, looking proud of himself, Rose couldn’t help feeling a drop in her stomach. Flying next to Merlin, who seemed to be showing off, was the same beautiful Eagle owl she had seen on Halloween. It carried another large package as Merlin landed before her, the owl landed in front of Draco. Draco took the package away from his owl as he looked towards Merlin, “I didn’t know that owl was your’s Rose. Quite a change actually.” Rose shook her head as she explained trying to delay the time she had to see which animal he had brought her today. “Merlin is actually a sweet boy. He’s large but he has a large heart, don’t you Merlin?” Merlin gave a deep ooh again as he leaned against her arm, stealing a little bit of her toast. Rose turned her head to lightly chastise him before she noticed the present he had brought. It was the flower she wanted to find for her grandmother.