Chapter 7 - Only the Beginning

ابدأ من البداية

"Now that's not very nice, my father was not a cyclops, and even if he was, my parents were married."

"You little shit!"

"You do know I am taller than you, right?" Kakashi teased. It was so entertaining to rile Bakugou up.

"You are the fucking WORST!" Bakugou launched towards Kakashi, and Kakashi easily sidestepped him, and chopped him on the back. Bakugou got up quickly, "You're still holding back dickhead!"

Kakashi sighed and revealed his sharingan. He didn't want Bakugou to get all revenge driven like Sasuke was, so he figured, why not?

Oh so so many reasons.

Once Kakashi revealed his eye, he appeared behind Bakugou and punched him in the stomach, sending him rocketing backwards. He decided he should at least pretend to be tired. So he made sure as he and Bakugou fought, he slowed down ever so slightly.

He shot a fireball at Bakugou, which Bakugou ran right through, and let Bakugou hit him, though it wasn't as voluntary as he wished, he wasn't as fast as he usually was (He'd taken a page out of Gai's book and put weights on his legs). He felt the air get knocked out of him, and jumped back to steady himself.

Bakugou was grinning madly.

Until Kakashi disappeared and kicked him in the ribs. Bakugou practically bounced off the floor. He stopped just short of the edge of the ring.

Kakashi cracked his knuckles and prepared another fireball, which Bakugou managed to dodge at the expense of the top half of his uniform.

He darted towards Kakashi again, but Kakashi appeared behind him. Kakashi didn't really want to hurt Bakugou too much, and he'd let the fight drag on a bit already, so he made a show of being tired, and used "the last of his strength" to punch Bakugou out of the ring. He made sure to use too much chakra for each jutsu he used, so he really was tired, that and he'd been fighting all day, and even he wouldn't be able to do this for much longer. Fighting anyone even remotely stronger than Bakugou would prove a little difficult in the state he was in.

He walked off the stage and stuck his hands in his pockets.

"Where are you injured?" Recovery Girl asked. He didn't have anything against her, it was just medics in general that made him... jumpy. Like that asshole Kabuto. He was a medic, a damn good one too. But he was also Kabuto, and that took off any points he had for being a good medic.

Or take Tsunade, Kakashi had heard about how she was planning to kill Orochimaru instead of healing him, and Orochimaru might not have even noticed if it weren't for Kabuto.

"I'm fine, just a scratch." Kakashi eye-smiled, and she stared at him flatly.

"Let me see your chest."

"I'm flattered, but I don't think... yes ma'am." Kakashi unzipped the top half of his gym uniform to reveal a large bruise.

"Really? Just a scratch?"

"I'm not even bleeding!" He argued, even though he knew it was pointless. He just really didn't want the woman to kiss him, was that so wrong? He didn't think so.

"If I don't heal this, you're going to have trouble breathing, sitting down, standing up and walking around for the next few days, is that what you want?"

"Yes!"

"No! That was a rhetorical question."

"Oh would you look at that? The awards ceremony is starting, well, that's my cue."

"Sit down. The awards ceremony doesn't start until Todoroki and Asui fight." The crowd began to cheer. Mic announced that the awards ceremony would be starting soon, and asked that the winners (Kakashi, Bakugou and Todoroki) please make their way to the stage.

"While I really do appreciate it, I must be going." Kakashi zipped up his uniform and booked it. 'Why do I feel like I'm going to regret that later?'

The awards ceremony went off without a hitch, and Kakashi was given a medal that he would likely lose within the month.

And so, the Sports Festival went off without a hitch.

Aizawa congratulated him later when they were home, and they had cake. Kakashi was tempted to ask for sake, but he held himself back.

I saw the TV! Congrats on winning!
You look so concentrated.

Image.jpeg 

Obito sent him an image of him fighting Bakugou and Kakashi resisted a smile. He was at dinner, and they didn't know he was capable of facial expressions other than looking bored, grinning, or that fake smiling he did sometimes. Smiling might give Hizashi and Aizawa a heart attack.

"Someone special?" Hizashi wiggled his eyebrows.

If Kakashi had been any less of a shinobi, he would've blushed and began denying it, but instead he just tilted his head to the side and appeared to think about it, before shrugging, and saying, "Maybe."

Aizawa raised an eyebrow. "Oh?"

Kakashi decided it was time for a subject change. "Kayama sensei says she wants me to transfer to her class."

"Oh don't even get me started on you and Nemuri." Hizashi buried his head in his hands.

"Care to share?"

Kakashi and Aizawa looked at Hizashi expectantly. Hizashi groaned, "Nemuri and I caught Kakashi writing erotica on the school computers." Throughout the sentence, Hizashi's face turned redder and redder.

Kakashi was 85% sure that Aizawa's cough was actually a laugh in disguise. "Really?" Aizawa sighed and shook his head. "Y'know what? I'm not even surprised."

"In my defense, it technically wasn't my story." Kakashi shrugged.

"That is not a viable defense for this situation." Hizashi scoffed, then he began to clear the plates. Kakashi heard him chuckle lightly as he walked off.

"You should go to bed early today." Aizawa suggested. "Though, I don't know why you're so tired considering how much you held back."

Of course he noticed.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Kakashi shrugged, and left the room.

This chapter feels so short yet so long... weird.