Part 2 | Chapter 2

Start from the beginning

Because of that, I'm kind of disappointed that he doesn't take any classes that I do. He's music major and I envy him for that.

"Anyway, how did you think you did on the exams?" He asked, chewing on his burrito.

"Pretty good. I'm always pretty confident about tests and anything of the sort." I shrugged and cringed when I realized how arrogant that mustve sounded.

"You should be. You're on top tier classes for a reason."

"You know what? You are not wrong."

• • •

The rest of the day went by smoothly. I finished with my biology and Henry finished with his music theory. We agree to meet by the entrance after school so we could go meet Cade, Danica, and Jocelyn at the cafe. Lucky for us, band practices don't happen on Wednesdays.

We headed to the cafe, in my car, tired and gloomy from all the work.

College is a draining system and more so when you're in junior or senior. It really makes you wonder how these people can manage to have a party every night, get wasted, and still past their tests. It's only October but it feels like the end of the year.

"You do know I trust you with my life every time you drive right?" Henry joked and I playfully hit him.

"Hey, you're lucky I don't charge."

I turn the radio down letting Hozier's calming medley play in the background.

"So, who are these people we meeting?"

"Don't make it sound like a drug trade." I chuckled.

"Noted. Seriously, you gotta let me know what I'm getting myself into."

I could hear him holding a laugh and I roll my eyes but laughed anyway.

"Cade, Danica, and Jocelyn. They're a couple of friends I never imagined I'd have."

"This is 100% a drug trade...you minx!" He raised mocking a distraught voice causing me to turn the radio up just to drown out his manly laughter.

I look over to him watching as his head hit the seat, clutching his stomach as he laughed at his own lame joke. He seems so innocent like this but I don't want to assume any further; those things never worked.

When we arrived, it was packed. The line was long and the parking lot was filled, it didn't surprise me though since I knew it was a hit spot for college kids. Some to hang out with their friends and some looking to a place to study.

"Do I actually have to feel threatened?" He whispered as we approached the door and I laughed.

"No, they're fine. I'm almost quite sure you and Cade would get along." I assured him as we walked in. The smell of roasted coffee beans and baked pastry made its way into us and I immediately felt hungry.

I need something in me before I pass out in starvation.

We looked around and I find the group sitting around a white table in a booth at the back. I smiled and waved at them when I met their eyes and they did the same.

"Well, they definitely look so much better than the hippies that offered me a ride in Australia. Man, I was terrified, " Henry joked making me laugh as we met the group.