Dr Wilbur Wonka and Another Offer

Start from the beginning

"Hi, dad" Willy whispered to him.

Dr Wonka put his tools down, and Willy sat up straight. "All these years..." Dr Wonka started, as a soft smile broke on his face. "And you haven't flossed"

Willy shook his head. "Not once"

The reunited father and son shared an awkward moment of silence when they just stared at each other, and nervously fumbled both of their hands. They decided on hugging each other, even if it was hesitant at first.

Charlie and Rose were observing the two of them with smiles on their faces. The two Wonkas ended their hug. Dr Wonka averted his gaze to the two Buckets. Though, his attention was mostly on Rose, especially when he noticed the sort of attire she had on. "Miss, may I ask why you're wearing a torn wedding dress?" Dr Wonka asked.

"Oh" Rose looked down at the dress. "It's, er, a long story"

"This is Rose Bucket" Willy introduced her. Rose smiled at Dr Wonka, curtsying as she did so. "And this special little boy is her brother, Charlie" Charlie politely smiled. "Charlie found one of my Golden Tickets"

"I was allowed to bring one chaperone with me" Charlie added. He looked up at his sister. "So I decided to bring Rose"

"I see" Dr Wonka said, a faint smile still playing on his lips. He noticed the way that Willy was looking at Rose. It was at that moment that he realized that this girl meant a lot to his son.

******

The three of them walked back to the elevator, all of them relieved that the reunion between Willy and his father went well. Dr Wonka even invited them all to come and see him again. "I think that went better than we were all expecting" Rose said happily.

"How are you feeling now, Mr Wonka?" Charlie asked.

A big grin came across Willy's face. "Much better now, thanks to you two!" He confessed. "I mean, it'll take some time before I have a real relationship with my father"

"Of course, Willy" Rose nodded. "And Charlie and I will always be there for support. Won't we, Charlie?"

"That's right" Charlie agreed with a nod.

The smile from Willy's face faltered, but he didn't look upset. He was deep in thought. "Is there somewhere we can go?" He asked. "I need to discuss something with both of you"

Rose immediately knew the perfect place. "I know where we can go"

******

The elevator landed right outside Mrs Mason's Magical Pies. They all stepped out of the elevator. An amused smile danced on Willy's lips when he read the name. "What makes the pies so magical?" He wondered out loud.

"I'm not entirely sure" Rose answered as they entered the shop. She was happy to see that it was quite lively. Charlie immediately went to an empty table in the corner. "That's a secret only Mrs Mason knows. Though, everyone who's ever worked for her always joked that she uses fairy dust" Rose giggled at the idea of such a thing. "But I honestly believe, that what makes them so magical, is the fact that she puts her love into the pies"

"It's just like my candy and chocolate!" Willy chirped. "The happier you are when you make it, the better the candy and chocolate will taste"

Rose's smile turned into a frown when she remembered that Willy's products weren't selling as well as they should be. "Is that why your chocolate hasn't been the best lately?"

Willy shared Rose's frown. "That is, unfortunately true, my starshine" His frown changed into a slight smile. "But I have a feeling it's going to start tasting the way it should be again after today"