Broken Hearts

Suman clenched her jaw to stop her tears from spilling out as Shravan whispered, "I never loved you". He bit his lip and looked away. His heart couldn't bear to see the pained expression on his Sumo's face. Shravan promised to himself "I will never love anyone the way I love you".

He looked up with shock when Suman whispered back, "I know". Suman closed her eyes and thought to herself, "Was it really all just an act, Shravan? Was I really stupid enough to believe that you actually loved me?"

Shravan looked down trying to hide his tears. He remembered their beautiful moments together. "You never felt my love when we were together? Didn't you see it in my eyes?" There was an awkward silence between them, hiding their love.

Suman sighed, "I guess we aren't made for each other".

Shravan nodded in agreement but his heart said, "For me, no one is more perfect than you".

Suman forced a smile on her face and stuck her hand out. "I wish you all the best for your future". Without me...The second Shravan held her hand, they felt a spark go through their bodies. They both knew they were making a mistake by letting each other go. Suman pulled her hand back but Shravan didn't let go.

He gulped, "Can I...hold you one last time?" Suman blinked away her tears and shook her head. Shravan pleaded, "Please?"

Her voice broke, "Why? You never loved me".

Shravan gave a broken smile and said, "I always cared about you...as a friend. I know we won't meet again". He thought to himself, "I want to feel your heartbeat again".

Suman stepped towards Shravan, allowing him to embrace her. His hold tightened around her as they deepened their hug. She thought, "Hold me and don't let go, Shravan". They got lost in each other's touch until Shravan gently brushed his lips on Suman's neck. Suman gasped and shot her eyes open. She whispered, "Friends don't hug like this".

Shravan moved back realizing what he had done and said, "I should go now. Goodbye Sumo...sorry, I meant Suman". He turned to leave and thought to himself, "Please stop me, Sumo. Don't let me go so easily. I need you".

Suman watched her Shravan walk away. He was leaving her life forever. "Please don't go, Shravan. How will I live without you?"

Note: This was the winning drabble of the Spellwork Drabble Contest on the Ek Duje Ke Vaaste 2 Forum from IndiaForums