“Awwww” I coo. He chuckles shaking his head.

“Go change” he says with a smirk. I grin, nodding my head. I pull Carmen out of Nathan’s grip and her Hannah and I head into our dressing room to change.

“Carmen your boyfriend needs you” I call out when I hear someone knocking on the door. When Nathan and Carmen were around each other, they were practically inseparable. I couldn’t decide if I thought it was adorable or sickening.

“Can you get it? I’m in the bathroom” she calls. I sigh, as I finish shimmying into my jeans.

“She’s in the bathr—“ I freeze when I see the person in the door. “What are you doing here?”

Carmen walks out of the bathroom, a grin on her face, coming to a halt when she sees who’s here. “That’s not Nathan”

“No I um. Here these are for you,” he says, handing me a colorful bouquet of flowers. “I wasn’t sure what your favorite was so I got you one of everything.”

“Thanks?” I say, a hint of questioning in my voice as I look down at the flowers. I was beyond confused. “Zayn, what are you doing here? And in a suit?” He glances over at Carmen who seems to get the hint.

“C’mon Hannah, let’s go find the boys and let these two talk.” She says, grabbing Hannah off the couch where she was watching in shock.

“Here, sit down.” He says, taking my hand and pulling me to the couch.

“Zayn, what’s going on? How are you here? Aren’t you supposed to be in London working on your next album?” I ask

“I’m going to explain, I took a plane, and yes,” he says, answering my questions.

“Ok so explain,” I order. He nods, hesitating a moment as he tries to decide what to say.

“Ok so basically, when you signed off Skype, I realized I hadn’t said any of the things I’d meant to when I’d called in the first place.“ he says. When I don’t say anything he continues, “Look Emily, I like you. Like, a lot. And I’m sorry for everything that’s happened and that I didn't talk to you about this earlier, but I’m an idiot and I was really hoping that maybe we could go on a date. Like a real one. Just the two of us.”

“So you flew all the way from London to ask me on a date…” I say slowly. He nods his head sheepishly and I break out into a grin. “How did you get out of studio?” I ask. My eyes widen as he remains silent, a guilty expression crossing his face.  “You didn’t tell them did you?” I ask and he shakes his head.

“Oh god. They’re going to kill you” I laugh. He shrugs, a smile playing across his face.

“So what do you say? You, me, dinner, movie” he says, taking my hand in his, playing with my fingers. My heart leaps to my throat and if he wasn’t holding my hand, it would probably be shaking. “Emily?” I snap out of my zoning out, a huge smile on my face.

“Ok” I happily, nodding my head enthusiastically.

“Great lets go,” he says standing up.

“Wait? Now?” I ask as he nods his head. “But I’m not all dressed up” I protest.

“You look great. Besides, I’ve got a red-eye flight back to London at 3 in the morning to get back and catch the end of studio time tomorrow.” He says with a grin. My eyes widen.

“You flew here for…” I say glancing at the clock on the wall. “six hours?”

“Pretty much, now come on” he says, pulling me out the door.