Chapter Five「Seize」

Chapter Five
Seize

꧁꧂

"A girl with a gold, starry hair clip. That sounds flamboyantly familiar, don't you think?"

Breath of Stars, Fifth Form: Leo's Lion.

(Y/N) darted forward at the mention of her hair piece, slashing her nichirin sword in an X formation at the two Demon Slayers, her blade leaving it's signature starry trail. Never mind, she decided. I can't play with them as training dummies. They're after me; I have to dispose of these two quickly.

Was this why her demon companions kept pestering her to stay inside? Was the Demon Slayer Corps actually tracking her, a human? She inwardly scoffed at the thought. It didn't matter, anyways. If she could take on four different Lower Moons at once and come out the lone survivor, then surely, she could take on these two Demon Slayers.

The two barely managed to dodge her surprise attack, jumping apart in opposite directions and allowing the girl to fly past them. Her cross attack had left a single, shallow cut on both slayers' arms that would've been deadly if they were a second too late.

"You're right, Uzui-san! She's the one!" the flame-haired one yelled, wide eyes unchanging. "She's a breath user, too."

"Then we must beat her flamboyantly and take her to Oyakata-sama," the one named Uzui declared, lowering himself into a battle stance. "Breath of Sound, First Form: Roar."

"Breath of Flame, Second Form: Rising Scorching Sun!"

With one attack right after the other, (Y/N) found herself first dodging the blades and explosion of the first attack, and then backing away further at the slicing upwards flames of the second. Their movements are clearly visible, she noted in the see-through-world, but the flame user's were a little more transparent in her eyes.

"I can already tell you two are stronger than any other Demon Slayer I've fought," she remarked nonchalantly.

"That is because we are Hashira," the flame user explained after he finished the slice of his first attack. "We're part of the top nine strongest Demon Slayers."

"I see," she replied. "But it's no use," she shrugged, "I can see the both of your movements as clear as day." With little to no motion at all, she already prepared for an attack to deter the two people.

Breath of Stars, Eleventh Form: Aquarius' Water Bearer.

Darting around both Hashiras, she saw an opening on the sound user, Uzui. While they both tried to catch up to her movements, she dashed towards the opening, only for her blade to suddenly collide with the blade of the flame user. Using this moment of collision to his advantage, Uzui bolted around to land a hit from behind.