The photo, Part:1

Start from the beginning

"Nothing." he quickly walked past her and pushed open the door. Two males waved to him.

"Hi Dami! Look I brought Tim with me." Damian glared at them.

"What are you doing here? It's school hours so I can't.." he looked over at Marinette who had a face of confusion. "Work." he finished, shooting an obvious glance to his brothers, hoping they get the message.

"The old man said it was a crack in the.... new case?" he asked, unsure of how to put the situation. "He excused you from school." Damian facepalmed.

"And why did he not just contact me through my phone?" Jason rolled his eyes.

"He did, but you obviously had it off due to school hours. Besides, it's more fun this way. Going back to one of the most time consuming places of boredom." Tim rolled his eyes.

"I still don't get why you hate this place so much." He muttered.

"Because one of the teachers completely- nevermind, the point is, let's go. Mari, you coming?" she nodded.

"Well there goes lunch." Damian mumbled, glaring at the floor. Jason laughed and pat him on the back. Marinette wimpered from earlier. "What the hell Todd?!?!" Damian yelled at Jason.

"What's wrong with Pixie Pop?" Damian rolled his eyes and grabbed her shoulders.

"You alright Malaki?" she nodded.

"Just give me a minute." they continued walking while Damian kept shooting glares at his brothers, which they were used to. Alfred was waiting by the car.

"Hello Master Damian, Miss Marinette. I take it you had a good day at school?" Marinette smiled and slid into the car. Damian gave the man a curt nod. Once Marinette got in the car, she began to draw flowers on her arm. Damian sighed and rolled down his sleeves, and that barely covered it. She covered her wrists to her elbows.

"So," Tim started to make conversation. "Do you like it here Mari?" she looked up and nodded, with a smile.

"Yeah, the kids here are actually nice! I haven't met a mean one yet. Everyone has been pretty nice."

That's because I steered you away from them. Damian thought.

"Well that's good. Do you think you would want to stay here?" Jason asked. Marinette nodded.

"Everything is not as bad as people make it out to be here, so yeah I think I'll stay." they pulled up to the manor. Marinette tilted her head. "Do you work from home?" she asked. Jason snorted and walked in the manor.

"You could say that." Damian stated. "I don't start the internship at WE yet, father wanted me to be 18 and be almost done with school and all that, but he has me doing an... online job for now. Drake can fill you in on all the details as you wish. He's the one that dragged me out of school." Damian grumbled and followed Jason. Tim just shrugged.

"Bruce wanted me to take a day off and 'rest' or whatever and he wanted us to spend time with Jason so be both went and here we are." he pushed open the door. "Also your parents wanted to talk to you."

"Hi Mari!" Sabine waved her over from the living room. The bluenette practically skipped to them and plopped onto the couch next to her adoptive mother and gave her a side hug. Damian nodded his head politely and sat in a couch across from the family. Tom held out a hand to Damian.

"Hello, you must be Damian. Marinette has told us so much about you!" Marinette's face went pink and she glared at Tom. Damian took the man's hand with a small smile.

"It's a pleasure sir. I've heard gret things about you and your lovely wife." Tim's jaw dropped. Who were they and what have they done to his younger brother? Damian shot a glare at his brother, who looked away.

"I'm glad. Tell me son, how much trouble has she gotten into?" Tom joked. Damian, who didn't know the difference between jokes and seriousness answered,

"More than enough." he saw Tom laugh and raised a brow at Marinette. The girl waved her arm in a circle, motioning for him to laugh. Damian laughed a very machanical and forced laugh. The room fell into silence. Marinette and Tim both facepalmed at Damian who was still awkwardly 'laughing'. Bruce stepped in the room with Alfred. The old butler leaned down to Damian's ear.

"Master Damian," he whispered, "You can stop 'laughing'. Master Bruce left the case file in the cave." The boy felt his face heat up and he pulled his hood up, trying to leave the room as quickly as possible. Marinette watched in curiosity, but remained in her seat. Bruce sat where Damian was sitting.

"Mr and Mrs Dupain Cheng, you can stay as long as you wish, but I was wondering how long you planned on being here and visiting the city?" he asked, folding his hands. Sabine laughed.

"Please sir, call us Tom and Sabine. I was wondering if we could stay for a few days? It's just been a while since we've seen our dear Mari and I would like to get to meet your family." Bruce smiled.

"Sounds excellent! I can have Alfred add two more seats at the table tonight! I can have all my children come over." Tom put an arm around his wife.

"Are you sure? I don't know how many kids you have, but we don't want to be a hindrance." Bruce laughed and waved a hand.

"Nonsense, I haven't seen some of them in a while. They will come, I promise you that." Sabine smiled.

"Thank you. So much for everything." Marinette felt a buzz in her pocket. She pulled out her phone and her eyes bugged out of her head. There was a picture on Twitter. Of both she and Damian at school. They were walking down the hallway, arm and arm and she was laughing. Damian had a small smile and a slight blush to his face. #Icepriceofgotham and #Sunshinegirlofgotham were trending. There were almost fifteen thousand likes. She also noticed a bunch of new people followed her. She turned to the adults, face pale.

"Excuse me, Bruce? Where's Damian?" He looked at her in concern.

"He's actually working on a company project for me at the moment. What do you need?" Marinette popped out of her seat.

"N-Nothing I-I umm gotta go. Please excuse me!" she ran upstairs into her room, leaving the adults in chuckles.

Bonus:

"DRAKE!" Damian roared. Tim ran into the cave.

"What's wrong Damian? I have a lot of things I have to take care of and- is that you and- I can't believe someone had the balls to- oh my god" he fell into a pile of laughter on the floor. Damian's face was beet red. 

"Can you delete this? Or tell me who runs the account? It's a fanpage of mine."

"Nope, it will just look suspicious if I do."

"I swear to god I'm going to murder them."