꧁꧂

Kamado Tanjiro was pushed down to the burning, rocky ground.

"W-wait!" he gasped for air desperately. "There's something I forgot to mention," he breathed out, ignoring the pain in his body.

"You're not allowed to interrupt Oyakata-sama," the Mist Hashira scolded quietly. The other Hashiras shared a similar annoyance with the Kamado boy, who just ignored him and continued speaking.

"Kibutsuji Muzan was accompanied by a human girl when I saw him," the boy reported, immediately catching the attention of all the Hashira, as well as the Master, Ubuyashiki. "I thought he tricked her by pretending he was human, but," he trailed off, remembering the horror he felt when he first saw her. "Even though she was human, she stood between Kibutsuji and me, and she had a scent of other powerful demons all over her!"

"What would a human girl be doing with the demon progenitor?" the Sound Hashira pondered aloud. "Sounds flamboyantly false."

"Perhaps she was brainwashed," the Stone Hashira cried, hands clasped together in a prayer. "What a poor soul."

"Tell us what she looked like, boy," the Serpent Hashira demanded intensely.

"Well," he started. Tanjiro let out a shaky breath and proceeded to describe the girl he saw, from her hair color to random little features he remembered. The others in the meeting listened to his words intently, mentally noting the characteristics he described. "The most notable thing on her, I suppose, was her gold, starry hair clip," he finished.

"Interesting," Ubuyashiki analyzed, a finger on his chin as he thought of his next command. "Then, if any of you are to stumble into this girl, you will bring her here."

With a respectful affirmation from every Demon Slayer in the meeting, Tanjiro was excused and finally sent on his way to the Butterfly Estate.

꧁꧂

(Y/N) didn't think she was ever going to get used to the sudden feeling of falling at the twang of a biwa.

She wandered aimlessly through the twists and turns of the Infinite Fortress for awhile, waiting for whatever it was come her way. In the area, she sensed a total of five other demons—not counting Nakime—and they all seemed pretty powerful.

Another twang, and she found herself on a platform with the biwa demon and another female demon. The unfamiliar demon, who also had an unfamiliar aura, turned to look at the (H/C) haired girl. All it took was one little sharp glance from the woman, however, and (Y/N) could immediately tell who it was.

"Why are you a woman? Is it your current disguise?"

"You can still tell it's me despite my change of aura?" Muzan questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"I can tell just by the look you gave me," she explained. "I'd like to think I've finally come to figure you out."

"I'm afraid you've gone brain-dead if you actually believe that," he snarled at her. "Do you have your nichirin sword on you?" As an answer, the girl turned her body to show him the sheath attached to her hip. "Good. Nakime," he called to the biwa demon, who replied with another twang of her instrument.