Charlie's Prize

Začít od začátku

Veruca was next. Both her and her father were covered in trash. Rose saw Veruca glance up at the elevator, and then turn to her father, presumably asking for a flying glass elevator. Looks like that girl didn't learn anything. Mr Salt must have told Veruca no, because she stomped off a little bit just before her father.

Last, but not least, was Mike. Mr Teavee was carrying Mike's jacket for him, since he was now too tall and skinny to wear it. Well, if Mike by some miracle ever got into sports, basketball would be perfect for him.

Rose couldn't say she felt bad for the children though. It was their own fault, and by extension, their parents fault as well, especially Mr Salt.

"Where do you live?" Willy asked the two Buckets.

Both of them turned around. Charlie pointed out their home. "Right over there. That little house"

******

Mrs Bucket was chopping cabbage in the kitchen, Mr Bucket was reading a newspaper, Grandpa Joe was sweeping up the floor, and Grandma Josephine, Grandpa George, and Grandma Georgina were lying in bed, as usual. "When do you think they'll be back?" Mrs Bucket asked.

"Hard to know, dear" Mr Bucket answered her.

That's when the glass elevator crashed through the roof and landed right in the house. Mrs Bucket shrieked in surprise. Mr Bucket jumped onto the couch. Grandma Georgina, having just woken up from her nap, said, "I think there's someone at the door"

"Hi mom!" Both Charlie and Rose waved at Mrs Bucket. Willy waved too, albeit a small and awkward wave.

Mrs Bucket waved back at her two children, and the man that was with them. "Hi"

Rose and Charlie exited the elevator. They ran over to Mr and Mrs Bucket, and Grandpa Joe. "Mom, dad! We're back!" Charlie exclaimed. The five of them shared a group hug.

Willy had finally stepped out of the elevator, and approached the hugging Buckets. "This is Willy Wonka" Rose introduced, smiling lovingly at the man. Willy looked at Rose and returned the smile. "He gave us a ride home"

"I see that" Mrs Bucket said, glancing up at the ceiling.

Willy looked between Mr and Mrs Bucket. "You must be Charlie and Rose's p...p..." He was struggling to say the word.

"Parents" Mr Bucket finished for him.

"Yeah, that"

"He says Charlie's won something" Rose explained to her parents and grandpa.

"Not just some something" Willy began. He started looking around in the cupboards. "The most something something of any something that's ever been. I'm gonna give this boy my entire factory" Everyone grew shocked expressions on their faces.

"You must be joking!" Grandpa Joe exclaimed.

Willy began to explain. "No, really. It's true. Because, you see, a few months ago, I was having my semi-annual haircut, and I had the strangest revelation. In that one silver hair I saw, reflected my life's work, my factory, my beloved Oompa-Loompas. Who would watch over them after I was gone? I realized in that moment, I must find an heir. And I did, Charlie. You"

"That's why you sent out the golden tickets!" Charlie concluded with glee.

"Uh-huh" Willy nodded.

"What are Oompa-Loompas?" Mrs Bucket asked in a whisper.

"I invited five children to the factory and the one who was the least rotten would be the winner" Willy opened up one more cupboard, finding Charlie's toothpaste tube cap replica of the chocolate factory.