~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓞𝓷𝓮 𝓗𝓾𝓷𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓐𝓷𝓭 𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂 𝓢𝓲𝔁 ~

Start from the beginning

Lina took her place but the curtain wouldn't budge.

"Shut up, you horrible old hag, shut up!" Sirius roared, Lina looked at her father in relief as he grabbed the same bit of curtain she was pulling.

At the sight of Sirius and Lina Wulburga changed what she was yelling.

"Yooooou!" She howled, her eyes popping at the sight of them "blood traitor, abomination, shame of my flesh! Filthy daughter should never have been born-"

"I said - shut up -!" Sirius roared, with great effort Lina, Sirius and Remus forced the curtain close.

Wulburga's screams died and an echoing silence was left, as well as a ringing in Lina's ears.

Panting slightly, Sirius turned to face Harry "hello Harry," he said grimly "I see you've met my mother."

"Your-"

"My dear old mum, yeah," Sirius said "we've been trying to get her down for a month now but we think she put a permanent sticking charm on the back of the canvas. Let's get downstairs before they all wake up again."

"But what's a portrait of your mother doing here?" Harry asked bewildered not moving.

Sirius looked back at Lina "you didn't tell him?"

"It didn't come up?" Lina said shrugging pathetically.

Sirius shook his head and looked back at Harry "this was my parent's house, but Angel and I are the last Black's left, so it's ours now. I offered it to Dumbledore for headquarters - about the only useful thing I've been able to do" Sirius sounded bitter as he spoke but he had every right to.

Over his shoulder, in the doorway leading down to the kitchen, Cedric stood, he was watching Lina with a mix of amusement and love.

Lina smiled when she saw him and immediately went to him, she buried her face into his chest "if you saw that and still want to be with me It's a bloody miracle."

Cedric chuckled and kissed the top of her head "it's going to take a lot more than a screaming portrait of your dead grandmother to scare me off."

"Cedric, what are you doing here?" Harry asked looking at the boy completely shocked.

Lina stood next to Cedric to allow him to approach Harry. "I'm apart of the Order," he said and held out his hand for Cedric to shake, Harry, looked so relieved that he was alright that Lina was sure he was going to hug Cedric.

"How are you?" Harry asked regaining his composure.

"I'm alright, felt a bit weird when I first woke up and sometimes I struggle with sleep but Eve's been a great help," Cedric said, he looked down at Lina fondly and kissed the top of her head, Lina grinned up at him. Even when Cedric couldn't sleep just looking at a picture of Lina would help.

"So you two are-" Harry said looking between the two.

"Together yes," Lina said "sorry I didn't mention it before."

"It's alright," Harry said, "Cedric I'm really sorry, I-"

"Harry what happened wasn't your fault," Cedric said interrupting Harry "you couldn't have known the cup was a port key if anything I owe you, you saved me multiple times in the maze and you brought me back to Eve."

"Kinda gave us a second chance," Lina said cuddling into Cedric's side "because we were both too dumb to admit our feelings when we should have done so at least a year prior."

"As much as I love hearing about this" Sirius said sarcastically "we should probably go down to the kitchen, there's still a risk the portraits might wake up."