Chapter Four: Oh sh*t i forgot avout gravity

Okay so I don't know Italian but google almost does so if it's incorrect I'm sorry

Over the next few weeks Spot continued to come and meet me in the park.

Today I sat with a book in my lap, fingers carefully moving over the braille.

I was so focused on the book that I started to block everything out. I barley noticed when Spot sat down beside me.

"Whacha doing?"
I jumped slightly "Jesus Spot, give a girl a warning."

He chuckled "Youse heard me sneak up on ya like five different times but suddenly get spooked when Ise sit next to ya and ask a question."

"I've been tuning things out to focus."
"Focus on what?"
"Reading."

I felt his arm move to be hanging over the back of the bench as he leaned over to look at the book.

"Dots? Youse can't see but you read dots?"

"It's called braille, you don't need to see to be able to read it dumbass."

"So you feel it and it's like reading?" I heard genuine curiosity in his voice.

"Yeah, I don't know how to explain, here, feel it."

I handed him the book and he ran a hand over the page.

"And youse can make sense a dat?"
I nodded as the book was set back in my lap.

"When it's the only way you've ever done things it makes more sense."

"What book is it?"
"It's recent, you've probably never heard of it though."

He scoffed "Are youse implying dat because ise just a newsie I ain't heard of a book?"

"No. It's called the war of the worlds."

"Oh you're right I've never heard of it."

I snorted "I told you."

I tucked the marker back into the book and then placed it back in my bag.

"So, what grand adventure shall we go on today?" I asked.

Spot had been doing his best to introduce me to new things i'd never heard of when we met up each day.

"Not sure. We coul-"
He got cut off by someone yelling from a different part of the park.
"What was that?"

Spot jumped up from the bench muttering curses.

"Spot? What was that?"

"I knew I shouldn't have left them." He muttered.

"Spot?"

I heard him turn back to me "I uh. I gotta go. You should probably go find onea ya hatten newsies and uh stay clear a here fa today."

"Whats happening?"

"Don't worry about it, I'll tell you tomorrow." 

"Okay bye I guess." Before I got the sentence out he had taken off running in the direction of the yelling.

I quickly got up and grabbed my stuff, Blue kept rubbing his head against my leg.

"I know I'm anxious."

I grabbed onto his harness as the sound of fighting reached my ears.

"Blue, Find the boys. Let's find the boys."
Blue led me away as my hands began to shake.

"Didja 'ere about da huge fight dat went down in Central park?"

The boys were all talking about the fight in central park.
The name Spot Collon got thrown around quite a lot.
Everyone was talking about the tough King of Brooklyn and how he started a fight on someone else's terf.