Chapter 12

"I donno it just sounded better in my head" he sighs.

"I am sure it did, and I must have hugged you and thanked you, right?" she asked sarcastically.

"Yes!!" he said happily and comes near her to hug her but she places her hand on his chest and stops him.

"Your two minutes are over." she said angrily and turns, she walks a few steps away from him but halts when he comes in front of her.

"Bunny.. Please... try to understand... I never meant to hurt you..." he stuttered.

"Don't say that." she sighed.

"But I mean it!" he replied instantly.

"You may mean it now Shorty but when you took it, didn't you mean to hurt me?" she asked looking straight into his eyes.

He stares back at her unable to say anything.

"You see, we have done things... too many things to even count in our fingers, when we were young. Those were done to hurt each other. We need to accept the fact that we hate each other somewhere down in our heart. Jab tak woh hate rahega this will not work out." She said.

"But Bunny... I... I really am sorry." he said holding her shoulders.

She shrugs his hands off and he sighs.

"Your sorry is not gonna make up for the hurt that you have caused me." she said sternly.

"Bunny.. Ok.. why don't you hurt me the same way and... we call it even?" he said desperately.

"What? Are you out of your mind?" she pushes him away.

"No I am serious." he replied coming closer.

"See, this is the problem between us! We measure everything; everything has to be even between us. But that is not how a relationship works, does it?" she said.

"I don't know what to say." he answered back raising his hands up in the air.

"Do you even know how much that meant to me? How many nights I have cried over losing that bracelet? How much guilt I had built up inside me that I was careless?! And all this time it was YOU! You made me miserable! You made me think I was irresponsible!" she yelled at him.

"You tell me Bunny what I am supposed to do to make it right. I am sorry." he said angrily.

"You don't get to be angry! Don't make me the bad guy here." she retorted.

"No! How can you be the bad guy? You are always right! Hai na? So you only tell me what I should and shouldn't do? Clearly whatever I am doing is wrong." he said sarcastically.

"True that. What we are doing is wrong. And we shouldn't have done it in the first place!" she said.

"What do you mean?" he asked creasing his forehead.

"We shouldn't have started this...this relationship! Earlier you were in my mind. Now you took over my heart too. But at the end what do I get out of it? Only miseries and pain." she said.