Chapter 3: A Suprising Nonlethal Field Trip

Start from the beginning

"I'm glad you see my side." He smirks, annoying confidence fills every word. "Oh, Agent Walker. I will do it. Don't doubt me."

"Of course, sir." Fake smiling as she closes the door. He might have won today, but she will wipe that awful smirk off his face one day.

Stark Tower, New York City April 16, 2020

"Peter Parker. Peter Parker!" Ms. Jones calls, but the boy is in oblivion, trapped in his world by his soundless headphones. They are his savior, saving him from the horrors around his uncomfortable seat on the old school bus. That may sound drastic, but after suffering through Flash's taunt for seven years, calling it horrors is an understatement.

There is a small spick in his spidey sense, as a rolled-up ball of notebook paper bounces of his head, drawing out from his comfortable bubble. Peter quickly yanks off his headphones and sends an annoyed glare at Flash, laughing with his friends. How was he going to survive this trip?

"You're not dead yet, Parker. How surprising?" Flash shouts through his laughter as Peter slumps down in his seat. Another ball of paper is thrown over his head and hits the chair in front of him, landing on the sticky floor. Mercy-kill him, please!

"No throwing paper!" The teacher sighs exasperated. This day is hell for her too. "And Mr. Parker, please pay attention as I am speaking."

"Sorry," responded Peter meekly, running his hand through his hair.

"The most important thing to remember is to be respectful. We represent our school, and to have this opportunity next year, we need to be on our best behavior. Ask questions; don't damage the displays, and don't wander off. If you, in any way, do anything you are not supposed to, you will get detention for a month. Am I clear?" Mrs. Jones threatens, looking clearly at Flash and his friends. The students mumble 'yeses' and 'yeahs,' before grabbing their backpack and preparing to stampede out the bus. "Great, let's go."

Most of the class can't wait to get off the bus. The students are pushing and shoving, excited for this once in a lifetime tour. Unlike the rest of the class, Peter wishes he is anywhere but here. Slowly grabbing his backpack, he turns around and meets with his' favorite person in the world,' Flash. The rest of the class was already at the front doors, leaving Peter and his bully.

"Sup, Parker," Flash smirks, crossing his arms.

"Flash," Peter greets with a fake smile on his face.

"I heard from my dad that they are looking for interns. That is why they invited us. Don't mess up my chances, or you'll not make it to the end of the week." The bully whispers, patting Peter on the back. "If that not clear for your dumb brain, then what I am saying is I will kill you."

Peter humbly bows his head and shuts his eyes as he hears the laughter from his bully. The ridiculing sound fades off as Flash exits the bus. Sometimes, Peter wishes he could punch the bully, again and again. Not kill him that would be the opposite of a hero; just send the bully into la-la-land. One punch without using a fourth of his power would do it. Even to show Peter has the superior strength would be sufficient, but no Peter has to keep his identity at all costs. May is all he has left, and he can take Flash bullying a thousand times to protect her. "Love talking to you too, Flash." The young hero sighs to the empty bus, shouldering his backpack to leave.

Peter stands in front of the building towing a hundred stories above, feeling as small as the little ant scrounging for food near his feet. Perhaps the hero should be worried after Fury's visit or Flash's threat, but he can't help but feel excited. The poor orphan, Peter Parker, is standing in front of Stark Tower, a place producing revolutionary technology every day. If that isn't enough, Tony Stark and the other of the avengers eat, sleep, and train here. Tony Stark is his hero. Sure, Thor has an impressive hammer, and Bruce Banner turns green, but Tony Stark made his own suit. The company in front of him is the hero's business. Wow, he is fanboying as much as Ned, which is saying a lot.