New kid on the block

I walk into a large building preparing to meet my new boss, the person I'd be interning with. That is, if I made it past the interview...I think his name is hawks or something but I can't remember. I'm not too crazy about being someone's side kick so I didn't pay attention too much.

My heels clack on the white marbled tile as I make my way down the hall and enter the elevator. After a few moments I arrived on the second to top floor, I was greeted by the smell of mens cologne and honey. The air was warm but something else sent chills up my spine. It was endeavor, he stood there as stoic as ever, it was in that moment I had realized that I clicked the wrong floor. Great, first day in and I can't even get to the proper floor...I stood staring the #1 hero in the face, the emotion on my face being a mix of shock and embarrassment. I personally never liked endeavor, sure he was the #1 hero here but he didn't deserve it. It was basically a default win.

"Who are you? You look boring, get out. There isn't any way someone as low class as you belongs on my floor. You must have the wrong one."

He spoke in a blunt and harsh tone. I chuckled in disbelief as I relaxed my posture and pinched the bridge of my nose.

"I know for a fact you didn't just talk to me in that tone. Let me make something clear, you may be the number one hero but I don't care. I look at you no differently than I do someone walking by me on the street. If we happen to run into each other again which will likely happen I suggest you change your tone toward me. You don't deserve to know my name, I came up here by accident, so now if you'll excuse me I have business to attend to."

I ripped into him like no other. I may be a mere sidekick to the bird guy or whatever his name is but I am NO ONES door mat. I won't stand for being spoke to in such a tone. I turned sharp on my heel to face the other way, just as I prepared to walk toward the elevator I had just stepped off of, leaving endeavor with his jaw hanging I met another face that matched endeavors expression.

Hawks. He stood there with his jaw to the ground, staring at me blankly. I always had a habit of letting my mouth run but this time the timing couldn't have been worse.

"Ah- I can-"

I started but was interrupted

"You're hired."

He spoke in somewhat of an awed state, his finger pointing lazily at me, his expression almost remaining the same. It was in that moment I knew hawks had to be an interesting person, what kind of pro hero hires a side kick that rips into their piers?!

Bird brains lips curved into a smile and then opened wide as he laughed obnoxiously loud.

"Man she really put you in your place, huh enji? I told you that you should talk to people with some respect. Looks and status aren't everything my friend. Cmon kid, let's go to my floor."

As my new boss finished talking he walked out as I tagged behind him I could still hear him chuckling. His gloved hands pressed the number 2 button and the elevator started moving upward. We stood there in almost complete silence until we arrived at hawks' floor.

"Sooo, you're hawks?"

I start a conversation as an icebreaker, if I was going to be working with this bird brain I needed to be comfortable with him. He turns around to face me as he's walking ahead of me to answer my question.

"The one and only, kid."

He said in a cool, almost raspy voice as I looked all around his larger than life 'office' I swear it was big enough to be an apartment space. I looked back to him but before I spoke he gestured to a living room area to the left of us where we both took a seat. He sat across from me on a tan couch with black accent pillows, fringe lining their square shape.