Chapter 8: The man with Black Stone

Start from the beginning

" No matter what the reason is, we should pick some. It's a healthy dinner. " Sophie said, they agreed, Agatha picked some oranges, Sophie picked blueberries, while Nathaniel climbed to the mango tree, and Edward plucked banana and kiwi. They gathered the fruits and went back to the tree near the lake. They dig in on the fruits.

" That was all so sweet. " Sophie said, satisfied.

" We should bring some on our journey. " Nathaniel said, licking his finger.

" We should call it a night, we're early tomorrow morning. " Edward said, lying on the tree.

" He's right, we should already rest." Agatha agreed, she laid a cloth mat on the ground. Sophie first laid down, then she laid down on the left space. Nathaniel and Edward slept leaning on the tree.

Before the sun greets them, Agatha woke up in a rustling and wailing sound. She got up, they were still asleep, she listened to the wailing, she grabbed her sword. She followed the sound, she saw two big trees, that has a curtain of wild vines on its middle. She gulped, clasping her sword, she slowly touched the vines to open. She jolted as a hand grabbed her shoulder, she swirled and pointed her sword.

" It's me. " Edward immediately said, her sword on his face.

Agatha put it down, " You scared me, what are you doing here? "

" What are you doing here? I didn't see you, so I search for you. What are you doing here? "

" I heard a wail, it's inside. " she raised the curtain of wild vines and entered inside, she was agape.

" What is this pla- What's that? " Edward gasped, looking at the beautiful magical creature lying on the ground.

" It's a Pegasus. " Agatha murmured in disbelief,she slowly walked towards it. It growled at her, sharp green eyes glared at her. She stepped back.

" Hey, I think its dangerous. Don't go near it, its wild. " Edward warned her.

The legendary Pegasus hissed at them, telling them to go away, Agatha almost decided to leave, her eyes caught the young Pegasus behind the old one. It was lying on the ground, it's crimson blood gushing on its ankle. Agatha tried to walk towards them, it madly hissed at them, spreading its strong white wings, a wings of an angel, white as a clouds and more beautiful than she had seen on storybooks.

" Agatha, don't. " Edward stopped her. But she continued walking towards it.

" It's okay, I won't hurt you or your daughter, I want to help. " she slowly extended her hand, it stepped back, growling at her. " Believe me, I won't hurt you. " she looked deeply to its eyes, she smiled, she slowly approached it. It raised its two feet and flapped its wings, ready to attack Agatha, Edward immediately ran to her, he stopped when he saw the Pegasus slowly bowed its head, wings close, Agatha slow pat its head, she hugged it. " Thank you. " she whispered. The Pegasus let out a cry, like it was calling for help, Agatha sat beside the injured little one. She checked it, it was cut by something sharp, an arrow, she ripped her dress and tied it to its injured leg to stop the bleeding.

" Edward, bring some water from the lake. " she ordered, Edward immediately go back. Agatha searched for any wild herbal medicine, she found a turmeric, she cleaned it first using the lake's water. The young Pegasus move, the magical water of the lake, seems to help heal its injury and regained some strength, after cleaning she put the oregano and tied it again with her ripped dress.

" I hope it can help. " Agatha pat its head. The young Pegasus, snuggled with her, it regained a little bit of its strength. The old one licked her cheeks, " I know, I know, you're thanking me. "