ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 3

Start from the beginning

~𝐹𝓁𝒶𝓈𝒽𝒷𝒶𝒸𝓀~

"Actually, it's too dangerous to get close," Ibe informs the blonde, lowering his head.

"It seems like Arthur's the one leading the gang now, so you know how it is," I point out and Ash sighs before pushing his fist into his open palm.

"That coward," He grumbles, sitting back down and Charlie walks up to us.

"Ibe, Natsuko," he calls out. "Time to go," I sigh and stand up, Ibe following suit.

"Okay," I reply and Ash stands up with us. We walk to the exit, Ash and I moving side by side and I look at him, noticing something poking out of his cheek. "Take care then," We stop moving and he turns to face me. "Don't worry, you'll be out soon,"

"Yeah," He says simply as he takes a step towards me. "I'm glad you came today, Natsuko," I blush and he puts a hand through my hair and I smile to myself. So that's what he's doing, I think as he stares into my eyes. "Come alone next time, got it?" He whispers and I nod as he tilts my head up. Seconds later I feel his warm lips connect to mine and I kiss back, running my hands through his soft blonde hair. I feel him move his tongue to transfer something small into my mouth and I take it, being sure not to ingest it. We release and he rests his forehead on mine, staring into my eyes as if to ask if I got it. He swiftly stands back up straight and smiles. "Later, sweetie," I blush and he smacks my ass, causing me to jump slightly but I play it off as normal. "Bye," And with that, he leaves.

"Na-chan, are you alright," Ibe questions but I just smile at him.

"I gotta use the bathroom, I'll be back," I rush off and quickly make my way to the girls restroom, locking the door and I relax by back. I take the thing out and see a small pill capsule. Something's inside, I think to myself as I twist it open, revealing a roll of paper. I unravel it and slowly read it.

Natsuko, I know it's dangerous but I need you to do something. Go to a shop called Chang Dai in Chinatown and meet Shorter Wong. Just say Ash sent you. Tell him to get what I gave Dr. Meredith and hide it somewhere safe. Be careful. Don't let anybody know about this.

~~~~~

I make my way out of my room and see Ibe cleaning the lenses.

"I'm going out for a bit," I inform him and he looks up.

"Okay, but be safe," He tells me and I nod.

"I will," I smile and head out but before I reach the door Ibe stops me.

"Oh," I jump slightly. "Could you grab me a sundae?" He requests and I nod, not turning back around.

"Yep," I say with a smile and leave. While I'm out I buy myself some more, casual, clothes. I get a black patterned kimono, a pair of black shorts and just wear my black cropped tank-top.

 I get a black patterned kimono, a pair of black shorts and just wear my black cropped tank-top

I walk down the streets, looking everywhere admiring the city. Chinatown, huh, I let my thoughts wander while looking at my phone for directions. I heard it's dangerous around here, but I can't chicken out now. I look at my phone but the restaurant doesn't seem to be showing. That's funny, it should be around here. I look around and see two guys sitting on the steps so I decide to approach them.

"Hi, I'm looking for a place called Chang Dai," I stand tall, trying to look confident. They stand up.

"Who the hell are you?" One of them asks, getting up close to my face. "What business you got there?" I swallow any doubts I have and look them in the eyes.

"I'm looking for Shorter Wong," I tell them. "Ash Lynx sent me," They ease up and I suck in a breath, hoping for the best.

"Ash did?" The other questions and they look at each other.

"Shorter ain't here, Arthur's men are trying to hunt him down," I nod in understanding. "Chang Dai is around that corner by the barbershop," He points down the street and I put my phone in my pocket.

"Thanks," I make my way down and get there relatively fast. I open the door and get greeted by and young woman about my age, maybe older.

"Table for one?" She asks and I nod. "Sit wherever you'd like," She walks away and I find a table, sitting myself down. I didn't come here to eat, but... My thoughts get interrupted by a man with long black hair popping out from under the table. 

"Here, this is for you. For free," He says and places a steaming bowl in front of me. "I'm Chang. This is my restaurant," He introduces himself and I take a close look at him, noticing that his hair was fake. Probably a wig, I think and realize that this is a disguise. "You're here to ask something, my dear?" His voice snaps me out of my thoughts and I clear my throat.

"I'm looking for Shorter Wong," I play along, seeing as the man infront of me really is him. "I have something important to tell him," I lean back in my chair and 'Chang' lowers his head.

"Well," He starts. "That is too bad. He's not here now, nobody knows where he is," He shakes his head solemnly and I frown.

"I see. Then do you know of a Dr. Meredith?" I question and he shakes his head as I finish off the food in front of me. "Well, sorry for taking up your time," I apologize with a smile and he returns one.

"it's fine," I stand up and lean into his ear. 

"Nice disguise by the way, Shorter," I whisper so only he could hear and he keeps a neutral face as I stand back up. "Well I'll be off," I wave to him and exit the restaurant. I walk the dark streets, frowning as I lose myself in thought. I thought I'd at least find something, Ash is gonna be so let down. I stop for a moment before thinking of something. I can't let him down, I'll go to the doctor myself. I take out my phone and dial up a friend.

"Hey, Tiny, I need some help," 

"What's up?"

"I need you to track someone for me. A man by the name of Dr. Meredith," 

"Alright, I'll give you the closest results," I hear typing in the background.

"Found him,"

"Thanks, kid," 

"Don't mention it, I'll send you the address,"

I hang up and feel my phone buzz in my hand as the screen lights up, showing a text from Tiny with the address I need.

~~~~~

I make it to a small apartment and climb the stairs, knocking on the doctor's door before opening it.

"Excuse me, I'd like to ask you..." I get cut off by Arthur grabbing me by the jaw, pushing me up against the wall.

"I was waiting for you, princess,"