ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 1

Comenzar desde el principio

"I know, she looks pretty young even for a Japanese," Ibe tells them. 

"Ah, forgive us," Jenkins says. "But it might be a good thing to look really young. They don't trust adults," I giggle slightly.

"Are these street gangs really that dangerous?" I ask curiously.

"It depends on who you're dealing with," Jenkins answers. "The guy you're meeting today, Ash, he's a pretty sharp one. In no time, he got the neighborhood gangs under control,"

"Mind you, he's only 17," Charlie adds and I swallow thickly.

"Just 17?" Ibe repeats, surprised.

"Yes," Jenkins replies plainly. "Plus, he's white but he has control over everyone. Puerto Ricans, Mexicans, blacks. That's not easy," He lists off but I just let my mind wander. Ash, like cinders. What's he like? We eventually finish talking with the cops and get introduced to a young kid. 

"Hey, I'm skip," He introduces himself. "I'll be taking you to see Ash," We nod and make our way to a gap between buildings. A stairway leads down, covered in graffiti and I take a moment to admire the art. 

"This is more like it," Ibe comments and I chuckle.

"They said they'd bust in if anything happened, but..." I trail off, turning back to look at where we just came through.

"Are you coming or not?" Skip catches our attention and I quickly turn back around, heading through the door he's holding open. When we stand in the door, I smile, seeing everyone turn their heads to us. I breathe in, the familiar scent of tobacco hitting my lungs. I turn to Ibe and he looks terrified. 

"What are you so scared of?" I nudge his arm.

"This way," Skip calls out to us and I walk forward. I look around while we make our way to the leader and smile to myself. Just like home. I think and we come to a halt. "Here they are, Ash. Your guests from Japan," I look forward and see a very handsome blonde boy in front of me. He has deep jade green eyes and I find myself staring into them.

"Right," Ash says simply and I smile at him. He's not like how I imagined him to be. I think.

"I'm a photographer from Japan," Ibe introduces himself. "I want to ask about your gang for a magazine article,"

"What do you want to know," Ash questions, his voice smooth and calm but glares at us, sending two different messages. Damn, he's intense.

"Can I take a few pictures first?" Ibe asks and Ash turns his perfect face to the side.

"Not the face,"

"Sure. Natsuko, get ready," Ibe instructs and I nod.

"Okay," I respond and grab the camera bag, taking the camera out and I take a few photos. I grab another lens when I hear Ash shifting.

"Do you use kids for assistants in Japan," He comments and I scoff, turning around to face him.

"I'm older than you," I tell him, speaking with an annoyed tone.

"Well, excuse me. I thought you were a kid," Ash teases and I roll my eyes. Look who's talking, I think.

"-so I told the guy," I overhear the bartender talk as I watch the blonde from afar.

"To get lost?" He finishes the guy's sentence and they laugh. I glance down and notice a weapon in the back of Ash's shirt.

"Nice gun," I say and he turns to me.

"Meaning?" He speaks and I make eye contact with him.

"Real guns are illegal in Japan but I know a thing or two about them. The one you've got there is a Smith and Wesson 357 Magnum, but the barrel is cut short," He raises his brows and I cross my arms.