I waited outside for a few minutes, but it felt like an eternity. Maybe he didn't get in? Maybe he got arrested? More time passed and he still hadn't come to get me yet. I was about to turn around and walk away when the door opened just a tad.

"Sorry, I had to figure out how to turn the alarm off first," He said, swinging the door ajar and holding out a hand with a beer.

"Here, have this." He said, thrusting the beer into my hands. I shrugged and took a sip, the cool, nasty liquid sliding down my throat.

I saw my dad sitting at the end of the bar, a longneck in hand. He pressed the bottle to his lips and threw his head back, taking a long sip, before slamming it against the counter again and wiping his goatee with the back of his hand.

Lou noticed him sitting there and fury grew in his eyes. He stomped over to my dad and grabbed him by the collar of his flannel shirt.

"You bastard." He whispered into my dads face, and went to throw a punch, but my dad caught his arm and threw him backwards, forcing Lou to the ground.

"Stand up and fight pussy." My dad said drunkenly as he stood up himself.

"I plan on it." Lou said and hurled himself into my dad, who wavered back and forth but surprisingly managed to keep his balance. Instead he grabbed Louis by the hair and bashed his head into the countertop.

"NO!" I screamed, rushing over and trying to pull my dad off of my best friend.

"He let go of Louie and grabbed me instead, wrapping an arm around my neck, constricting me.

"You love her, so fight for her." My dad sneered, reaching for his beer with his free hand and taking a sip.

"Dad," I started to say but his arm wrapped tighter around my throat, cutting off oxygen.

"Shut up bitch." he said. I closed my eyes and felt tears stream down my face.

"Let her go." Lou said with a deadly glare in his eyes.

"Why don't you make me, pussy boy." my dad said.

Lou tried to tackle my dad again but my dad was faster, hitting him over the head with a beer bottle and cracking it. Lou groaned in pain and rolled on the ground.

"Wow, your boyfriends a bigger bitch than I thought," my dad said, loosening his grip on my neck. "Get out of my way, I'm going home," He said shoving me forward on top of Louis on the hard floor and taking a swig of a different bottle and walking off.

"Louis!" I yelled, shaking his shoulders. "Are you okay?"

"No. I can't believe it. I let him get away." He said, sitting up. "I really am a bitch." I wrapped him in a hug.

"No your not. I've never seen someone with as much courage as you. You tried to stand up for me, that's all that counts. You're my hero." I said, pulling away to look into his eyes. He smiled slightly.

"Well, it's past curfew, we should get back. You're spending the night at my house, no way I'm letting you go back home to that monster." He said, getting up and reaching for my hand. He pulled me up and we walked back to the car.

There was a ticket on it for being parked illegally.

"Shit. Mom's going to kill me." He said, holding the paper in his hands. I rolled my eyes.

Yeah, that's why his mom would kill him.

Suddenly my eyes fluttered open, breathing heavily. Wow, some dream. That day really happened, but I tried to push it out of my memory until now.