Weddings and Funerals ✦ part i

Start from the beginning

•·················•·················•

The man's rhythm picks up as does the music, and he can feel his heartbeat pounding with every other note.

•·················•·················•

A young family cowers in terror and binding, duct tape over their mouths. They watch as their father - and husband - is dragged around by his collar.

"Show me where the safe is, or your family is dead!" Roars one of the masked men responsible for their capture.

One of his accomplices points their flashlight into the family's eyes, amplifying their screams.

"Where's the safe?!"

"Just leave us alone!" The husband cries as he is dragged past the television set that was still broadcasting the Evening News.

"...little bit of rain potentially, later in the week."

Unbeknownst to everyone in the house, a shadow lurked on the back porch before quietly slipping inside. In a matter of moments, one of the masked men is pulled out of sight with a muffled yelp. He goes silent after a sharp snap and out steps a new masked figure dressed in all black and a proud smirk. His mask differs from the rest, as does he in every way. Instead of a dark bandana tied over his nose and mouth, he dawns an inky black domino mask that circles his eyes. And secured around his torso and waist are an array of paper-thin blades; His favorite choice of weapon.

𝐍𝐔𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟐
"𝐃𝐈𝐄𝐆𝐎"

He's on the next accomplice in seconds, eliciting many shocked cries around the room.

"Who is this guy?"

Diego gives them no answer, nor does he give them time to speak another word. Already he has thrown one of the men into the glass coffee table, sending shards flying everywhere. Within moments, half the threat is eliminated. Either dead or unconscious. One was even pinned to the wall thanks to a select few of his many blades.

•·················•·················•

A striking young woman dressed in a fine velvet dress glides into the sea of flashing lights and demanding pleas, the tail of her dress pooling behind her on the red carpet.

𝐍𝐔𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟑
"𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐍"

A captivating smile paints her face, feeding into the wild cries of paparazzi as they fight for her attention like strays begging for scraps. Allison stops in the very center, her smile brightening for the cameras as one hand comes to rest on her hip, then the other. With each pose, she sends a new camera its own unique smile, the routine of it all as natural to her as breathing.

•·················•·················•

The man can feel his muscles relax as he so effortlessly glides the song into an accompanying score, Angel of Music.

•·················•·················•

Two lanky legs in leather pants and worn-out converse sneakers swing themselves off of the top of a bunk bed. There stands a young man dressed in a long overcoat lined with faux fur over a thin net tee shirt, and plenty of jewelry. He lets out a relieved sigh, as he throws his head back accentuating his messy head of brown hair and the dark smudges of eyeliner circling his eyes.