Chapter five

Mulai dari awal

Then there was silence.

He watched as her angry face gradually transformed into a very saddening look. A look that almost made him hit himself for saying such hurtful words to her. But the fact was the words were nothing but the truth and as the saying goes.

The truth is bitter.

They had all expected her to die that night. So the moment she picked herself up from that floor and started to stagger away the Griffins were all terrified to death.

Mary sniffled, then she spoke up while trying so hard to avoid his gaze. "If my being here is an inconvenience and you take me as a burden on you, then you only have to say so and I'll leave, I'll be glad to leave."

Hawk arched up a brow, before letting out a low chuckle "Nice try Agga. Trying to blackmail me into letting you escape uh? Not gonna work!"

"Why am I still here?".

Cause i want to here. To make you mine again.

He gladly ignored that question then in the speed of a lighting ran over to the fridge, pulled down a box of pizza that layed on top of it before making his way back to the table.

He wanted to watch her eat.

So bad!

He found her so amusing, even in her sleep all because of one reason. She was an exact replica of Lorrimer. Someone he once very much loved.

He gently placed the pizza box in front of her, then he moved back to sit on his stool. "There, food. Just like you had wanted, so eat up before you starve to death."

Mary continued to stare at the pizza box that layed in front of her. Looking so enticing and the aroma so mouth watering. Then slowly she opened the pizza box, sniffing in all the deliciousness in one go- her eyes closed and her mouth watering. Soon her stomach began to grumble louder but the grumble only sounded like cheers to her.

She smiled, for the first time in his presence smiled happily. "Thank you Mr Griffin, I really appreciate this."

That smile stole his already lost heart, he blinked his eyes in joy at how happy he had made her before speaking, "Max Hawkley."

She looked up at him, aurburn brows rose over her cool green eyes. "Uh?".

She was totally confused.

"I mean drop the formality and just call me Max or Hawkley, any preferred one."

'So you're the Max who can guarantee my escape from here' She thought before smiling again, this time sweeter. "Okay Hawkley, as long as you've provided me food. I'll call you whatever name you want".

Definitely a foodie.

She dug into the pizza, then she munched on it careful not the spill the sauce all over her or mess up her face. While Hawk on the other hand just watched her in amusement. A happy smile dancing at the corner of his lips.

In the last few minutes Hawk had watched all the different emotions as they flickered across the beauty of Mary's face. Emotions too fleeting for him to be able to fully comprehend.

He'd seen her frightened, mad, sad and even happy.

And he couldn't wait to get used to this emotions. Even though he couldn't listen to her thoughts like he could other humans- he still appreciated her and found her amusing, unique, special.

He could listen to other humans thoughts even from miles away all the had to do was focus on one thing and that one thing alone- reading the person's thought but hers was different. As much as he wanted to find out what she thought- he couldn't. She seemed to him like a closed book that could never be pried open.