chpt. 1

𝙏𝙝𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙙𝙖𝙮

"So, that's your plan?"

I glared at them and nodded my head.

I had shared with my both my friends Choi Yerim (also, known as Choerry) and Jung Jinsoul about my exciting plan to travel all across the US.

"Well, that's a stupid plan," Jinsoul said bluntly, putting her notebooks in her most unoriginal and basic locker. She always had something to say, I swear.

"I think it's cool, but what about our parents and school?" Choerry asked, interested in my AMAZING plan. Choerry beamed with her beautiful eyes and most inspiring smile ever. She was also a bit more optimistic than Jinsoul.

"Well, i haven't really gotten to that part yet," I admit, rubbing the back of my head.

Jinsoul scoffed and rolled her eyes at me. "So, how do you expect this to work again?"

I didn't exactly know what to say, I mean, I was bound to figure that part out.

"Let's meet up at our hideout after school, and i'll tell you!" I blurted and began to turn around and run to my next class.

Our hideout was something we built around five years ago. It was basically just a bus behind the middle school. No one ever went there, as we told the middle schoolers' a myth about the bus. That a middle-aged witch lived there. It wasn't very convincing, but they definitely believed it!

Anyways, I headed to History more early than usual today. I needed to come up with a plan to get school out of our hair. The school would always call our parents when we would be gone for like, just a day. It was incredibly annoying, the school really pretended to care about our wellbeing.

Maybe a hand-written note to dismiss our absences. But, they might still call our parents. Well, unless, our parents actually knew about it.

That's it! I knew exactly what to do.

☻︎

"Okay, so basically, we tell our parents we're going to this very educating and important camp, that we were picked for. We tell them that we would need to be gone for a few weeks, and we would need to tell the school this, blah, blah. So .... that's the plan," I explained, feeling pretty confident about it. They both nodded and thought about it for a while.

"Okay, your plan has many holes in it, but before we even get to that, you don't have a car. How are we suppose to even get there?" Jinsoul questioned, raising her eyebrows.

"Yours!" I answered, and then I went to Choerry before she could refuse.

"Okay, Choerry you bring food and something to drink. We can all bring our own clothes and money for gas and whatnot. Don't forget anything important," I told Choerry and turned around to see a thinking Jinsoul.

"What if they don't fall for it?" Jinsoul inquired, walking up towards me.

"Don't worry, they will," I reassured. Though, in the back of my mind, I was exactly sure if this would even work. But, I had a hopeful Choerry and a doubtful Jinsoul, so I needed to reassure them and not let them down. We'd been dreaming of this since we were children, there's no way this couldn't work.

After our meeting, we all headed home. We agreed to have a three-way FaceTime call when we told our parents.

I opened my front down and was greeted with my younger sister, Hyunjin.

"Hey, Hyunjin, Is mom or dad here?" I asked, closing the door behind me.

"Yeah, mom is here, she's in her room," She told me and began her way to the kitchen.

"Oh, thanks!" I thanked and headed upstairs. I felt bad for not telling her since we told eachother everything, but I knew she wouldn't really appreciate this little trip we would be taking. It sucked, but I just didn't have the heart to tell her.

I knocked my mom's door and opened the door.

She was watching TV and folding clothes. She always cleaned clothes on Thursday's for some reason. She did this for the last six years, and she's never done it on an another day besides Thursday.

"Hey, Kim, how was school?" She asked, folding a pink shirt. It was nicely folded, exactly perfect, like herself.

"It was okay, but I have something to tell you," I replied, letting my book-bag fall to the ground. I quickly made my way to her bed, and sat down by her.

"What is it, honey?"

I immediately felt bad for sneaking out and doing this. I can't imagine how they'll feel when they ever find out. My parents were always so kind and trying their hardest to help Hyunjin & I.

I couldn't quit now, though.

"Choerry, Jinsoul, & I have been invited to this educating camp. It's going to be happening for a few weeks," I quickly explained, just staring at the local news on TV. I didn't have the guts to look her in the eye.

"What camp?" She questioned, stopping to look at me.

"Camp Tech," i lied, not actually thinking about the camp name. Fuck, why didn't think of the name? Now, she might know i'm lying between my teeth.

"Oh, that's a wonderful camp! I'll tell your dad! I won't forget to mention it to the school," She happily beamed, folding the clothes a lot more with excitement.

"Okay, i'm heading over to Jinsoul's house. It's starting tomorrow," I blurted out.

She gave me a strange look, and I ran out of her bedroom and went to mine.

It was home-y, i was sure to be homesick during the trip. I always loved my photos all around my bed and just it felt so comfortable. I wouldn't be sleeping in a bed for a while, unfortunately.

I began packing up clothes, electronics, and blankets. I texted Choerry not to forget the food and drinks, quickly and went back to packing.

We all agreed to head to Jinsoul's if our parents accepted.

Just then, Jinsoul and Choerry FaceTimed me. I accepted the call and put my phone on speaker to continue packing.

"Okay, my parents said yes!" They both excitingly shouted at the same time, I smiled to myself. Maybe this was going to work.

♡︎

now, we were all in Jinsoul's car, beginning our road trip for a few weeks. I still couldn't believe we were actually doing this, and it worked. I was going across the country with my best friends ever.

𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙜𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙧𝙤𝙖𝙙 𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙥 𝙞 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙭𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚.

(a/n: sorry for any mistakes!)