𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙥𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙨 𝙛𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙫𝙖𝙡

Começar do início

"You always love to make such sarcastic comments. Yet those sarcastic comments always make me laugh". 

I felt my heart squeeze a little under my chest. Just to hear my mom say that makes me more sad than happy. 

"Let me sit you up, looks like you've been laying down a lot" I pressed the buttons on the remote that made her bed whirm upwards just a little. 

I started telling my mom everything that's been happening at UA, from the villains, to Aizawa, reuniting with my childhood friends, even told her about Bakugou being my boyfriend. 

"Ohoho, is this the explosive boy you were talking about?" My mom took a polaroid picture I had taken of me and Bakugou while we were at school one day. 

He didn't smile in almost any of them, just made funny faces and squeezed my cheeks in one of them. There were a couple of pictures of him laying on the grass sleeping either on my thighs or my chest, one where he was cuddling me, holding each others hand; so many pictures from one day that make my heart burst in butterflies just by watching them. 

"Yep. That's my explosion boy" I liked calling him explosion boy for no reason, I just liked the sound of it. 

My conversations with mom always lasted for hours and hours just talking about any nonsense. Just to brighten up her a little I did face masks and painted her nails while we watched FRIENDS, our favorite tv show. 

"Tomorrow's the sports festival" I told her "And if I'm being honest mom, I'm really nervous".

"Nervous? My little angelita is nervous?. Angelita are you even listening to yourself? you got into UA, surpassed the most intelligent students, you're at the top of every single class and you defeated villains!" my mom placed her hand on top of mine and gave it a big squeeze "If you can defeat a whole group of villains, you can most certainly win this festival!" . 

My mom's eyes beamed with excitement, a look I really missed seeing in her. She was greatest, and only, cheerleader in my life. 

I felt my eyes brim with tears. The only thing I could ever wish is to have my mom watch me and cheer me on in the sports festival. Her cold hand softly rubbed a silent tear that had slipped down my cheek, her eyes trying to visually hug me. 

"I just wish you could be there at the sports festival to cheer me on" I sniffled a bit. 

She opens her arms a bit, giving me the space I need to lay down next to her in the bed. Even at her worst my mom managed to make a little bit of space to comfort me. I was squished close to her chest, one hand on my hair and the other hand rubbing my back. I could hear her softly sing her favorite song.

"Oh simple thing, where have you gone? 

I'm getting old, and I need something to rely on

So tell me when you're gonna let me in

I'm getting tired, and I need somewhere to begin"

I then fell asleep to the sounds of my mom softly singing wrapped around in her arms feeling like I could be safe in her embrace as the world slowly collapses around me. 

[The day of the festival] 

It's finally here! the day is finally here! 

The day of the sports festival is finally here. My nerves were on point today for obvious reasons. Last night I had fallen asleep next to my mom in her hospital room. This morning I changed into my school tracksuit in the miniature bathroom her room has and carefully kissed her goodbye without waking her up.