Chapter 11: Delivery Bento

Start from the beginning

"Okay, I need to stop brooding over this, and forget about h--"

Suddenly, a photo of Ms. Sawatari and Midori when they were on vacation at the Masano Zoo appeared in front of him. He blushed heavily before he grabbed it.

"Hey, caught one!" Usaida exclaimed as he was holding the fish rod. Inui gasped as he was caught.

"Dumb! He's so dumb!" Taka said, pointing at Inui.

"He's dumb!" Takuma added, followed by Kazuma.

"Dumb..."

.

.

.

All the students were mumbling as to why the toddler was walking in the hallway. "Hey, who's this tiny little guy?"

"Whose kid is he?"

"Did he come from the daycare room?"

"Maybe we should call a teacher." The girl said to her friend as she replied.

"Yeah!" They both ran but the boy stopped them.

"Hey, hold it, ladies! Look at that lunch he's carrying so carefully."

The girls looked down before they realized. "Could this be... his first errand?!"

Kotaro stopped walking as he looked up and saw the huge stairs ahead. All the students grew worried about him as they all warned him and wanted to help him. "Hey, kid! I'll lead you up the stairs!"

"Just don't give up!"

"What floor? What floor are you going to?" The boy asked before another boy joined.

"I'll happily carry you, even to the roof!"

Kotaro turned around and hid his face with shaking, making the students confused about his behavior. "I go to Nee-chan by myself."

"I'M SORRY! I SHOULDN'T HAVE INTERFERED!" All the students were awed as some of them shed tears.

"He wants to do it himself!" The girl said.

"He's given me the courage to face college entrance exams." The boy said before the students all split up.

"Okay, good luck, little errand boy!"

"No, no, no!" Inui thought panicky as he hid behind the wall. "You gotta take him! Also, how did I end up looking after a kid going on an errand?!"

.

.

.

"If you accept, I'll give you this picture." Usaida said as he swayed the picture.

.

.

.

"Yeah, it was that damn sleepy guy." He gritted his teeth before he tried to think of the plan. "But he told me to meddle as little as possible..." He then glanced as he watched Kotaro lift his leg on the stairs.

"Freaking hell, I wanna meddle! He just now made it up the first step? It's dangerous, though, so put the lunch down!"

.

.

.

You felt starved in your stomach, you then picked your backpack up and searched for your bento but you gasped in horror as you didn't find the bento.