kiss me in your chevrolet

Start from the beginning

Slowly pulling away, Harry felt their lips disconnect. He looked down at Louis; he looked like a dream. His thin lips were sinfully swollen, and the lip gloss once perfectly applied was now all over his mouth. His adorably flushed cheeks completed the sinful sight. Harry smirked when Louis slowly opened his glassy blue eyes.

"I think we should hit the road." Louis whispered, hooded blue eyes glued to Harry's lips. Harry smiled and joined their lips together one last time before straightening up in his seat, using the back of his hand to clean off the glossy remains from his lips.

Harry started the car, pulled out of the parking lot, and slowly got to the road. He took his right hand from the steering wheel, placing it on Louis' exposed thigh. He sent a quick glance in Louis' direction, observing him clean the excess lip gloss from the corners of his mouth and apply a new coat. Harry smiled and turned his eyes back to the road.

The road was empty except for them. The windows were down, letting the breeze come through and mess up Harry's hair, which had him brushing the strands out of his face from time to time. A country love song played on the radio, and he could hear Louis humming to it. The air in the car was hot, but Harry had the love of his life by his side, and that was all he could ask for.

"Louis? Are you ok, love?" Harry asked worriedly as soon as he answered the door, only to find his boyfriend in tears, sobbing on the other side.

Instead of answering, Louis just let himself fall against Harry's chest. His loud sobs filled the room as Harry held him tight and closed the door behind him, leading them further into the house.

When they settled down on the living room couch, Louis sat on Harry's lap with his head buried on Harry's shoulder. His fat tears making the white button-down shirt soggy.

"What is going on, love?" Harry whispered against the top of Louis' head, where he had his mouth pressed. He left small kisses and played with the baby hairs on the nape of Louis' neck.

Louis shook his head and more tears fell. Harry sighed and brought Louis closer, peppering kisses on the side of his face where he could reach.

They stayed like that until Harry lost track of the hours that had gone by. The sun had already set, leaving them in the middle of the dark room. At some point, Louis' sobs became less frequent until they stopped completely, leaving behind occasional hiccups.

"I'm sorry." Louis whispered, moving his head off Harry's shoulder.

Louis looked devastatingly beautiful with furrowed eyebrows and a puffy face. His eyes were still red from crying, contrasting his eyes that looked as blue as ever. They were like the blue skies after the storm. But this blue was filled with pain and sadness, and Harry wanted nothing more than to take it all away.

"It's okay, baby." Harry whispered back, leaving a quick peck on Louis' nose. The boy allowed a shy smile to grow on the corner of his thin lips with the gesture. "Do you want to tell me what happened?" He asked cautiously.

Louis' lips started trembling again, his eyes tearful once more. Harry brought Louis back to his chest. He ran a soothing hand up and down Louis' bony back, trying to calm the boy.

"You don't have to tell me, angel. It's ok. You're ok." Harry whispered against Louis' temple. Louis nodded against Harry's chest and straightened his back to look at Harry again.

"Can I spend a few days here?" Louis sniffled, looking back up at Harry with red, swollen eyes and damp eyelashes.

"Always." Harry smiled, leaving a peck on Louis' lips.