Almost Happy, Always Happy.

Harry Styles was the guy everyone went to for help. He was someone to vent to about your problems because he could be trusted not to tell anyone. He was the guy you studied with or partnered up with for projects because he was too nice and couldn't say no and did most of the project for you. The only thing you would have to do in the end was write your name on the paper or whatever it was you were working on. He was the one that said thank you to an insult or apologized for interrupting you. He was truly innocent and the kindest person in the world. Everyone loved him from the jocks to the nerds to the bad kids. No one could resist Harry Styles.

He went through his whole schooling career like that, and when he graduated he went off to college to study business and philosophy. He was the same then as he was in high school, took in too much and didn't take any of it out. He was too good a kid. Maybe that's why he was such a good writer. That didn't explain his perfect pitch or heart breaking voice and it was only a matter of time before someone recognized how talented he was. By the time Harry was eighteen he was one of the top artists around the world. Everyone knew him and if you didn't it's because you lived in the middle of no where or didn't listen to music.

By twenty years he had two albums out and was almost happy. The only thing he was missing was love. He had had a couple flings and a couple of relationships, but he was never able to fully put himself into the relationship because there was no trust. Everyone could trust Harry, but who could Harry trust other than his mother and sister?

Along the road of his fame he had met Niall a hopeful from Ireland with a dream of being a star with his mate Zayn who said he wanted whatever made Niall happy. So Harry brought them to his company and soon later Niall and Zayn were signed and they were great friends. They called themselves 'The Irish Brit' which Harry thought was golden. Harry could trust Zayn and Niall, but they already had their relationships and Harry didn't like them like that.

As Harry played Madison Square Garden the night of August thirteenth in his nineteenth year, all the girls screaming at him from the floor, he realized something. He realized he had a gift, and who cares if he found love or not? He was almost happy and that was better than most people.

For the last song of the night, what makes you beautiful, he told his band he didn't need them. It was weird for Harry to slow things down for what makes you beautiful, but he felt it was right for the night. Harry walked out onto the stage, twenty thousand screams and cheers greeting him back onto the stage.

"Quiet," Harry says softly into the microphone. Slowly, the room quiets down until all you can hear is breathing. "Can you all do me a favor and keep quiet until the end? It will make this ten times better, I promise."

So a stool is brought out per request of Harry's mother, she knew Harry was not very good at balancing, and since he was playing the guitar it meant he had a very high chance of falling.

"This is the very first song I wrote. I noticed that some of the girls in my class were quite insecure, and none of them should have been. I know you all love it, but remember, you promised me quiet." He smiles as he plays the first chord, the rest coming as a perfect memory. The song would always be his very favorite.

The song went by smoothly, and the room was waving their cameras and phones, lighting up the place in a way that made Harry's heart clench. He had the best fans in the world. "...you don't know you're beautiful." He counted out the seconds: one, two, three, and then the whole audience erupted into cheers and cries and just happiness. And Harry didn't want to leave, but he knew he had to.

Before he got off stage the whole room shouted, "Thank you Harry!" at nearly the same time. It was special.

"That was amazing," Anne greeted her son, giving him a too big smooch on the cheek. Harry didn't wipe it away because he was too nice to do that.