An unexpected night

Serdar looks from Ezgi to Özgür with a bewildered face. Yeşim, in the other hand, sips from her glass and seems to be having a great time. She doesn't seem surprised at all. So, is he missing something?

Ezgi can't take Özgür's stare anymore and looks away, tired. How did she let this happen?

2 hours earlier

Ezgi is listening to Serdar's calm, modulated voice. She can't help but appreciate what a fine man he is. Handsome – OK, not according to Özgür, but whatever – intelligent, well-mannered. Conversation is not bad, either. But she's just... not there.

"So I could say that my first year at the hospital was definitely not the most succesful one, but I learned so much" he smiles at her. "What about you? How was your first job?"

She straights up in her chair and places her hair behind her ear.

"Well, I gave my best to it but then they fired me because I was going through a rough time after my ex left me". She finishes and shrugs her shoulders, nonchalantly.

Serdar looks at her with an astonished face. "Oh. I'm... sorry to hear that"

Just then she realizes that she spoke too much. Too soon. He doesn't really care about her problems, and why should he? They barely know each other. She puts on a big smile and talks more animated.

"But thanks to that, I got my actual job, so it's all good"

"The one with... Özgür, right?"

"Evet! Evet, my boss, Özgür" she points at him with her hands, reinforcing her answer.

"Is he treating you right? You two seemed to be very close in the wedding. As friends".

Ezgi disminisses in her mind the fact that they were pretending to be a couple. She waves her hand in the air and purses her lips.

"Everything is fine. He's a good patron. And I really like the place, it has a lot of potential"

Just earlier that day she had been discussing some ideas with Özgür and she was excited about the prospect of working on them together. Of course, they had fought a little, but she had learned by now that that was expected whenever they talked.

She didn't realize that as she was thinking about that morning, the first big, genuine smile of the night had showed up on her face. Serdar smiled as well. "You really seem to love your job"

"Yes. I do love... my job!", she exclaims, making Serdar look a little taken aback. "I mean, I love my job. Of course".

Serdar chuckles. "Of course. Isn't that what we're talking about?"

Ezgi smiles. Ah, Ezgi, ah. Also, why does she feel like wanting this dinner to end already?

At that same time, in La Gabbia...

Özgür watches Yeşim, who is sitting in the bar, looking all wordly and sexy and just as the interesting and alluring woman that she is. And who clearly knows she's got his attention.

Ozan looks from one to the other, while Emre pretends to be shaking some cocktail, but it's actually paying close atention to the unfolding conversation.

"Are you sure about this?"

Özgür looks at Ozan.

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?"

"I don't know, I don't think it's a good idea to go out again with her, considering what she did to you and things with Ezgi..."

Özgür looks at him and clicks his tongue.