2. COMING HOME

The entrance to the place he used to call home wasn't the same as before but Wei WuXian was sure he'd adapt soon. When they arrived back home, Jin Ling was waiting for them at the dock with some disciples from both Yunmeng and Jin clan. As soon as he spotted them, he went straight to Wei WuXian and bowed in respect.
"Welcome back, Master Wei", he said as soon as he faced him.
Wei WuXian pulled him into a hug, something he wasn't used to but he felt warmth in the embrace. He hugged his uncle back.
"There's no need for formality, you're welcome to call me uncle as well", Wei WuXian told him.
Jiang Cheng watched the exchange and he felt touched seeing Jin Ling finally accept Wei WuXian as his uncle. He wished for them to put all the problems behind them, have a fresh start altogether. He touched Wei WuXian on his shoulder to show that he was in support of all this and then they all went in to Lotus Pier.
The first place they all went to is the ancestral hall to pay their respects to the deceased family members. Wei WuXian couldn't help but recall the last time he was here with Lan Zhan. It was not a pleasant memory because of how it ended.
"I'm sorry for how it turned out the last time we were here. I'm assuming that's what's running through your mind as we speak", he said while they were still kneeling.
"What happened the last time you were here?" Jin Ling asked.
"Hey, that doesn't concern you", Jiang Cheng said to him with his normal attitude towards him.
"Jiang Cheng, be nice to the kid", Wei WuXian said, much to Jin Ling's pleasure.
"Thank you, uncle. Uncle Cheng is always nasty towards me", Jin Ling said with his frown.
"You....", Jiang Cheng said. "Do you want me to slap you for that comment?"
Jin Ling his behind Wei WuXian.
"A-Cheng, be nice. He's still a kid."
"Hey, Wei Wuxian, don't start spoiling him", Jiang Cheng said.
Wei WuXian laughed while saying, "A-Ling, don't mind him. He's just mad that he doesn't know how to express his love for you in a proper way."
"What love? Don't go putting wrong thoughts in his head", Jiang Cheng said while getting up.
The two laughed while also getting up and they hugged Jiang Cheng from both sides.
They got out of the hall and they started their fun fighting going to the main hall for a meal.
The people in Lotus Pier were also feeling the happy vibe coming from their leader, it felt as though the dark cloud over their everyday lives was starting to lift as they saw him smiling after a really long time. For Wei WuXian, it felt good to be back home and welcomed by those he thought he had lost for good in his life. Although he missed Lan Zhan a lot, at least he was happy to have his family back.
They had a good day together, catching up and solving some matters that needed the leader to take over. Jiang Cheng was in charge of both sectors, Yunmeng and Jin Clan, until his nephew came of age and had gained some experience on how to tackle issues that you run into as a leader.

Weeks passed with Wei WuXian still being home and he got the hang of how to help out his brother while training his nephew as well. He taught Jin Ling combat moves that would help him in the long run.
Wei WuXian also mastered ways of meditation so as to strengthen himself since he didn't have a golden core. The dark magic that he practiced tended to leave the body very weary so meditation helped flush out all the dark powers overpowering him. Jiang Cheng was also helping him out, they were finding ways on how to purify the powers that he was working with now. Who knows, maybe they'd find a way to get him enough powers that he'd be able to use suibian again without exerting himself too much. They both knew it'd take time to find a way so they were patient.

******

After being apart for three months, Wei WuXian left home to go back to the place where he and Lan Zhan parted ways. He carried Chenqing with him and when he arrived at the place he began to play the song.

Lan Zhan was in his jingshi reviewing some of the disciples papers that they wrote since his work was done for the day. He didn't have much to do from other clans as everything was calm in the meantime. His brother was also much better and had taken back his post as clan leader. Lan Zhan was only helping out with grading the papers as he had nothing to do, when he heard it.
WangXian.
He thought he heard wrong and went outside to listen. He heard the sound of the flute and immediately took Bichen to go where he heard the sound from.
He found Wei WuXian standing by the edge of the cliff a few miles from Gusu facing away from him, deeply engrossed in the song he was playing.
After the last note was played, that's when Lan Zhan decided to say, "Wei Ying."