{Chapter Three ~ He's Sick}

Start from the beginning

Lillian though, flinched. She seemed to pale even more than she already was, her milky skin turning to ash white. "Ah, yes, follow me your Majesty" she glanced over at Felix, but didn't say anything as she turned and led the way into the palace.

They went through the familiar halls, heading straight to Claude's old bedroom. Lucas and Athanasia stayed there now, not that he approved of them staying in the same room. Or palace for that matter. But his daughter refused to listen to any of his complaints.

"Daddy! Lucas and I are grownups now. We can take care of ourselves" she'd insist with a pout, while Lucas would smirk from behind her.

Ah, how annoying.

Once they reached the door, Lillian paused. "Your Majesty" she turned towards the retired emperor, looking almost scared as she fidgeted before the handle. "Do you know what-"

"Enough delaying" patience wearing out, Claude stepped forwards and opened the door, ignoring the startled cry from behind him.

The room was the same as it had always been. Simple, but luxurious, with plush cushions, fancy paintings, and gold hangings everywhere you look.

And very.... Clean? As if it had been scrubbed nonstop for the past few days. More so than it usually was anyways.

And... there was that feeling. It was heavier here, more noticeable. And, well, maybe that was because his daughter was laying on the bed, pale and unmoving. And Lucas was next to her, looking just as much, if not more, torn up as Lillian.

"What happened to my daughter?" Claude demanded, marching forwards.

Lucas barley acknowledged him, glancing up with a tired look in his eyes. Ruby orbs met jeweled ones, and for some reason dread began to wash throughout the retired emperor. A feeling he hadn't felt for a long time.

"What does it look like?" Lucas's voice was horse... flat. As if he couldn't muster anymore emotions. "She's dead."

After the boat ride, Attheia was set. She was going to escape as soon as possible.

Perhaps 13 would suffice.

She couldn't imagine having an insufferable debutante after all.

Shuddering at the faint memories of her last one, she shoved those thoughts out of her mind and went back to reading. In her past life, she found a library filled to the brim with books. It was another gift her mother had received, and most of the stories in there were insufferable romances that made Attheia's stomach queasy as if she was about to throw up.

But along with those, there were some actual interesting books as well.

Such as The Wizards Tower.

Magic had always been a thing that captured Attheia's attention. The way it moved, breathed, flowed. She had been told at a young age that both her parents had massive amounts of mana, making them bothe very powerful. This, of course, was passed down to Attheia, making her probably one of the most, if not the, most powerful heir in history.

How ironic.

As she read and pondered, the door opened and Elaine stepped in. The red headed girl was surprised to see her small, three year old friend reading such a heavy book. Chuckling a bit, she assumed the child was just playing around, and so she spoke up from behind her.