i.

October 2011

"Raincheck?" Louis asked, biting on his bottom lip. I smiled and nodded. Louis's face lit up and he gave me a quick hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"I love you," I told him as he headed for the door.

"You too," he said hesitantly, slipping out the door in record time. I sighed and shook my head. It was the third raincheck in the past two months. Louis claimed every time that it was "family matters," but I didn't believe that, honestly.

I once again resorted to calling up Niall and seeing if he wanted to hang out. He was basically the only person who could help me through the heartbreak Louis puts me through with his rainchecks.

"Hey Ni," I said once he answered.

"Louis?" He asked, obviously annoyed. My face fell. Niall had told me many a time to just break up with Louis. He said he didn't see things working out for much longer, but I didn't believe that. I believed Louis and I were made for each other.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, shaking my head in shame.

"No Har," he said, his voice softening, "it's fine. I'll be over in a bit. Should I bring Grease and some ice cream?" I laughed softly.

"Please."

"Cookie dough, right?" I smiled.

"Of course."

When Niall arrived, I couldn't be more happy. He, like always, had a tub of cookie dough ice cream in his hand and the wonderful movie, Grease. I especially loved it since it was Louis's favourite movie.

"Thanks for coming," I told him, grabbing the tub of ice cream from his hand and inviting him in. He headed over to the TV and put the movie in the DVD player and pressed play. I hurried into the kitchen and grabbed a spoon then went back out to the living room with Niall. I took a seat beside him and cuddled into him then opened the ice cream.

"Thanks again," I told him as he tangled him fingers in my hair.

"S'not a problem," he replied. I spooned a bit of ice cream in my mouth and smiled softly. As the movie started, I began feeling depressed again. All I could think about was Louis. Louis Louis Louis. He was all that was on my mind.

"You want some?" I asked Niall, holding the spoon out to him and blinking away some tears. He nodded, letting me feed him a bite.

"I'm sorry about Louis," he told me, softly running his hand through my tangled curls.

"It's fine," I replied. "I'm glad I've still got you."

"Yeah," he said. "You've always got me."

------------

November 10, 2011

Louis had started distancing himself from me after the last raincheck he asked for. The raincheck never actually happened. It had been an entire month, no dates, no kisses, no meaningful hugs, nothing.

Niall had been comforting me the entire time. I felt pretty bad about it. I was basically taking him for granted, only really inviting him over to help me forget about Louis a little bit.

I thought maybe Louis just needed a little bit of space. I mean, he and I had spent so much time together for over a year since being put in One Direction together in July of 2010. I found out, though, that that wasn't exactly what was going on.

"Hey Harry," Louis said, walking into our flat. It was about four in the afternoon when he made his way in. I was actually quite excited. It made been a while since Louis acknowledged me first.

I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around him, pulling him in for a hug. Sadly, he didn't hug back. He looked uncomfortable, so I frowned and pulled back.

"What's wrong, Lou?" I asked, grabbing his hand and guiding him to the couch. We both sat down and Louis grabbing my other hand and squeezed them both gently.

"We need to talk," he told me, looking straight into my eyes. My heart began to race as I thought of all the worst possible things Louis could say to me.

"I love you, Harry," he told me. "I love you so so much, but I...I just...I don't love you the way you love me." I looked at him weirdly as I tried to think of something to reply with.

"You think we were meant yo be together, and honestly, I used to think that too, but...things change, you know? I still love you, I really do. I'm just not...in love with you. I love you like a brother, not a lover. Do you understand?" I nodded as I felt tears start to brim my eyes.

"You deserve someone better than me," he continued. "I've been lying to you for months now, and I'm so ashamed. I've been out with Eleanor all those times that I took those rainchecks and when I'm gone and don't come home for hours. I haven't been cheating though, I swear. We've just been hanging out and talking. Okay...maybe we kissed once or twice, but I swear, that's it.

"I love you so so much Harry, but...I think Eleanor is the one for me. And I know I'm hurting you so badly right now, I can tell by the tears you have in your eyes. God, Haz, please don't waste those tears on me. I'm not worth it, I promise. There's so many people in this world, and one of them is right for you, but that person isn't me. Don't be sad, please? I've been holding you back, Harry. I've seen what I've put you through. I've noticed that you aren't yourself anymore. You haven't been since we first met. Please Harry..."

I blinked away the tears trying to not look like such a wimp. I could go on and cry later. Right now, I needed to get through this disaster.

"Okay," I said flatly, looking into his beautiful blue-grey eyes.

"Okay?" He asked nervously. I nodded.

"Okay."

__________________________________________________________________________________

Man this break up has gotten me so emotional. I may not ship it, but it's hitting me where it hurts.

So how do you guys like the story so far? I spent about an hour writing this, trying to get it the way I wanted it to be. I think this chapter turned out pretty nice.

Leave me some feedback, please. (:

I'll update again ASAP. Hopefully tomorrow if I can.

//Not Edited//

~Taylor :*