Stage and Screen

his i think i mentioned possibly making this on my tumblr but ow i actually did it!! so yay heres my one shot collection

The Stage and Screen is a mildly fancy restaurant. Every day, people pass in and out, dressed in varying outfits, eating an assortment of food and drinking an unhealthy amount of alcohol with the owner of the restaurant, a large man named Bustopher Jones.

Bustopher Jones also happens to be the father of Mistoffelees and Victoria Jones, two highschool students.

Despite divorcing their mother a long time ago, he had stayed in touch with his ex-wife and communicated well with the kids, always coming over on holidays even after she had remarried, and when the elder child, Mistoffelees, had turned 16, he had offered him a job.

Now, two years later, Mistoffelees was 18 and the younger child, Victoria, was old enough to start working. Naturally, that was exactly what was happening!

A summer Monday morning is always a good day to train employees. It's the first day back at work for all the rich people that go to the restaurant, so it's generally quiet, but there's just enough traffic over the course of a few hours that someone can learn the basics of how to be a server.

At exactly 7-o'clock, Mistoffelees parked his car and unlocked the front doors. He was always very punctual, wanting everything to be perfect, and had even insisted that Victoria follow the dress code that she is very certain her father does not enforce. He didn't want anything to go wrong.

He walked through the restaurant, turning on lights as they went and pointing out different parts that would probably be important sometime in the future. Poor Victoria really didn't have a clue what was going on, but nodded and hummed along to his words. Her brother seemed to think she understood, and she would rather he not get frustrated with her.

Finally, the two arrived at the back door, and he sighed while opening it. On the other side of the door were two ginger teens, probably the same age as Victoria and her brother. They were smirking and laughing to themselves, and the girl giggled. The boy slapped her arm, shushing her, before pushing past and running into the building first.

"I call an assistant cook today!" He shouted back at the other. The girl let out a high shriek, and bolted after him. Mistoffelees just shook his head.

"We're not even supposed to have people 18 or under cooking, but Asparagus doesn't care," he complained. "He always says that he's happy to have an assistant! I think they spit in the food," He mumbled to himself while walking away.

Curious, Victoria moved to go see where the other rowdy teens were going, but her brother suddenly shoved a black apron into her hands.

"Come on, I have to show you how the tables are numbered."

--

Asparagus liked to cook the employees lunch during the break.

At first, while still training her, Mistoffelees had insisted on eating his food later, saying that he needed to be out front to wait on customers.

The two gingers, whose names she had learned were Mungojerrie and Rumpleteazer, had informed her in whispered voices that Mistoffelees never took breaks.

Eventually, once Victoria stopped dropping water trays on people's laps, she nearly forced her brother to go sit in the back for just twenty minutes, only to eat a few bites. Mungojerrie and Rumpleteazed had given her thumbs up from their respective places when she had first done it; that day, Rumpleteazer had happened to be working with Asparagus while Mungojerrie washed dishes.