A one shot

"But, Vico, it is already late!" My mom was fuming mad at my idea. I just don't want the day to end with Maki still mad at me.

"But Mom, how can you expect me to work efficiently tomorrow morning when I know, when I feel something is not right between me and Maki." 

That was the reason I gave to defend my actions. I understand that my mom is worried for my safety, but I just can't let this day end without making amends  with her.

I have been calling her and sent her a text message, but my efforts seem futile.

Before riding the car, I tried to call her one last time.

This is already my 15th call in the span of 1 hour. I didn't want to call her mom or dad, I didn't want to disturb them.

On the road, on my way to Paranaque, I was still trying to call her from time to time.

After I reached the Bicutan tollgate, I stopped near SM to call her again, hazards on.

No luck.

I decided to proceed to her house.

I stopped my the milk tea shop, I have been looking for her favorite tea shop, but ended at Bon Afi the because the other milktea shops were closed.

Milk tea 👍

Dimsum, I need to find her a dimsum. All the stores that I have passed that have them are either closed or preparing to call it a day.

While driving, I passed by a Chinese restaurant, Phoenix Dragon. Better than nothing. I went inside and ordered dimsum for her.

Dimsum 👍

And I am all set to see her.

I got everything she needs for the day.

Milktea, dimsum and me 👦.

As I arrived in front of her house, I tried to call her one last time. 

Still no answer.

I sent her a text.

Please, Maki, take my call.

Still no answer.

I went down the car, turned off my engine. The dogs were heavily barking. I knocked at the gate.

After a few minutes, her mom came out.

"O Vico, it's already late. Did you come all the way from Pasig?"

She asked me as she opens the gate.

"Good evening, Tita, yes. Is Maki home? I have been trying to reach her, but she is not answering my calls and my text."

"Really? But her livestream has been finished more than an hour ago. Come inside and I will call her."

With the milktea and dimsum on my hand, I followed her and took a seat on the sofa.

" Take a seat and I will let her know that you are here."

I sat down and waited for her, fingers fidgeting. I placed the milktea and dimsum on the side table.

I heard the knock on her door and her mom's announcement of my arrival.

Then the door opened and there was silence.

Her mom came back to me.

"Just wait for her here, she will be here in a few."

"Thank you po!"

After about 15 minutes, she came out of the room.

"What are you doing here? Isn't it already late?" She was still mad, obviously.

"I know, but you were not answering my calls." 

"So that you can feel, too, how it is to be set aside while you do your thing. I totally understand that you have work to do too, but I just feel I am being shoved out like I am not part of your plans or your life."

"I am sorry if you feel that way, Maks. Believe me, that was not my intention. You know how bent I am about running for the position next year."

We were starting to really argue and she was starting to shout heavily.

I almost forgot what I have for her.

"I am sorry, Maki, please let us not fight. Here," as I handed her the milktea and the dimsum " I got this for you on the way here. I know these are not your favorite stores but I don't have a choice."

She was looking at me, then back to the stuff I was giving her.

"Please take them, I got them for you."

She smiled and took them.

She took a seat right beside me, could be a sign that we were okay.

" You really have to find your suhol pa." She teased me.

"Anything for you, but please, let us not make this happen to us. Imagine what I had to go through just to make amends." I pointed out.

"Okay, fine, I understand you already. I am not asking you to give me all your time or to prioritize me, but can I have even just a teeny weeny on your time?" She asked me.

"I give in, your wish is my command. You have me, my undivided time. I am yours for the taking."

And with that she jumped to me to give me the biggest hug ever.

She kissed me as gently as she can, I responded.

There will be no sweet kisses missed from this woman.

And she is mine.