Chapter 1

Seawater crashed on the overhanging cliffs of Xadia, despite being of the land of magic, Callum and Rayla were in a rather ordinary area, beautiful, but no magic.

    "Okay, we're here, AY! You fall behind!?" Rayla called back.

    "I'm not as *Wheeze* agile as you Rayla!" Callum said clutching at his stitch.

    "At least *Huff* You weren't wearing armor!" Sorin breathed heavily, using his sword as a support.

    "Well, the view is nice at least, this was a really great present Rayla." Callum said regaining his composure.

    "No, you dummy!" Rayla said with a headshake and a smile. "That's not the present! Now close your eyes!"

    Callum chuckled but did as such.

    "Okay now open the-"

    "You got him a book?" Sorin interrupted.

    "What?" Callum said opening his eyes.

    Looking down he saw Rayla with a blush and an angry look at Sorin who was wondering why he was here.

    "You brought me along to hike in my armor for 3 hours out to the least magical spot in Xadia to give him . . . A book." Sorin said still exhausted.

    "Wait, this isn't . . . " Callum said opening the book decorated with vine like patterns. "It is! This is a book on the primal source of earth!

    "Yes! And I brought you here to try to practice earth magic! I know a bit about the arcane use of it! Sit down and read while i help prepare the area!"

    "And I'm here because?" Sorin asked again.

    "Earth magic is one of the more unyielding magics, it can cause damage, you are here to pull us out of any ravines that occur, and keep me properly shielded." Rayla said pointedly.

    "So where do we begin? It says earth is from the same as other planets yet differs not in origins but development." Callum said eyes on the text.

    "Well, earth magic is one of the most intermingling magics, through its connection with the sun via its magic in life to plants, to the water of the sea giving its magic in restoration, to the wind that gives magic in leveling the land itself, to the stars giving magic in their death being earth's creation." Rayla said making gestures all around. "Only it shows very little with the moon."

    "Interesting, stars death giving earth life. . . That sounds like dark magic though." Callum said reluctantly.

    "Ah! Yes! That's actually the origins of dark magic were based on the study of stars giving their magic to earth, based on a willing transfer. Dark magic is unwilling, and is taken, not given." Rayla warned. "Earth magic is a balance of the magic in how it is always given from another source."

    Callum nodded, but something seemed off.

    "Rayla, how do you know so much about earth magic in the first place?" Callum said looking up from the text.

    Rayla blushed and pushed his head back into the text.

    "Focus on the book!" She said before turning to a nearby tree. Soon, she found herself breaking a branch off said tree.

    "Uh, okay, how about, where did you find this book? It seems more like a journal. Wait, you didn't steal this did you?" Callum said with an incredulous look.

    "*Sigh* Lets just say your bit as an earth elf was far from what I've seen." Rayla said bringing her swords to carve at the wood.

    "Hang on, are you saying you dated an earth elf?" Callum said before looking back at the book. "And you gave me . . . your ex boyfriend's diary?"