fifteen || reunions and revelations

Start from the beginning

     "Did they make it out of New York okay? The snow wasn't too bad?"

     Mike nodded. "My mom said Joyce called her from a gas station a few hours ago. They should be at my house soon."

     "Are you guys have a party in my driveway without even inviting me?" Steve asked as he reached the street, hands pocketed in his jeans. He greeted Billy with snappy handshake, the smirk on his face growing into a grin. "Guess who got into IU for the spring?"

     Both Billy and the high schoolers cheered, giving Steve congratulating pats on the back.

     "I'll call my landlord, man," Billy grinned.

     Max couldn't hold back a laugh. "You two being roommates is going to be hilarious."

     "Steve sings in the shower," Dustin said as he elbowed the video store worker.

     "Dude, I told you that in confidence!" Steve whined.

     Billy failed to hide a laugh before pointing a thumb back towards his camaro. "Should we head over to the Wheeler's so we beat the Byers' there?"

     "We'll all fit in one," Lucas assured, the four high schoolers cramming into the backseat as Billy and Steve took the front. "Hey, Steve, what are you going to major in at IU?" he asked, wrapping his arms around Max's waist as she sat on his lap.

     "I think I'm just going to start with general stuff and see what I like from there," he replied with a shrug as the camaro pulled back to avoid running over any bikes. "Maybe Physical Therapy? I'd take an excuse to play sports forever."

     Billy glanced into the rearview mirror and he headed out of the neighborhood. "Hey, Dustin, how's Suzie?"

     Dustin's lips pursed as a parade of off key singing met him. "Suzie is doing great, thank you for asking. Her family might even let her visit next summer."

     "Watch the hands, Sinclair," Billy warned as he reached back and flicked Max's knee.

     "Hey, look!" Mike shouted as he pressed a hand against the window, the camaro rolling up Maple St and coming to a stop outside the Wheeler's. "I think that's them!"

     The six piled out of the car and onto the lawn as a familiar green car drew close and pulled into the driveway. Yelling like contestants on a game show as the Byers' cark shifted into park, the high schoolers tackled the first body they could get their hands on.

     The front door of the Wheeler house flew open as Jonathan greeted Steve and Billy, the senior pulled from the boys as Nancy ran across the lawn.

     With Will engulfed by Dustin, Lucas and Max, and Mike shamelessly kissing Eleven, Joyce singled Billy out to give him a warm hug.

     "How are you, sweetie?" she asked him, beaming despite the lengthy drive.

     Billy offered a smile as Joyce pulled back. "Just taking it one day at a time."

     "As we should," Joyce sighed.

     "Do you guys want to head to Marty's?" Jonathan asked, rejoining the group with his arm around Nancy. "Is that alright, Mom?"

     "I'll go help Karen with getting ready for dinner tomorrow." Joyce patted Jonathan's shoulder, placing her keys in his hand before heading towards the house.

     "I've been craving their burgers for weeks," El expressed, pulling Mike towards Joyce's car as Jonathan fired up the engine.

     The group of ten split evenly for the two cars, bopping their way through Hawkins with excited conversation. Entering Marty's like a nightmare storm, they took up the back booth that just barely managed to fit them all.