Part 1 | Chapter 5

Start from the beginning

"Hey, stupid! You're in a gated community. Do you really think you're gonna get out of here?" He yelled back and a groan.

Stupid? He's more stupid than I'll ever be. I didn't work hard for my life just to be called stupid by some asshole.

"Then how do you explain me getting here?" I went back to his window and stood like my mum when she's mad at me. Hands-on my hips and taunting eyes at him. I can see the rage in his eyes and nothing is more uninviting than that.

"Did you not pay attention?" He said, "You drove through a freeway, the next exit isn't for about another ten minutes in a car." He explained and the lump in my throat only grows.

I felt defenseless now because he's right. I never paid attention to it. I was busy thinking about tomorrow and memorizing my first day back. Then after that, I thought about the many ways this night could go. I wasn't smart to pay attention to where we were going and now I'm paying the repercussions. How could a star student lack the ability to observe?

"Finally not gonna argue, huh?" He taunted and I flushed in embarrassment.

I can't believe I'm outsmarted by this guy.

"Now get in the car and tell me where to go." He repeated and I glanced at the door ajar before me.

I look back to the house thinking I could still look for Danica. Then again, I also don't want to see Axel again.

"Are you even sober enough to drive?"

"Fucking hell, just get in!" He growled and I flinch. He's so mad now that I can see the veins on his neck. I can basically see the monster in him now.

He breathes out as if collecting himself again before leaning his head back and closing his eyes.

"Yes, I'm sober. The only thing I drank is a bottle of coke. Now get. In." He never looks at me.

It feels like he just drained every ounce of anger and defense from me that I just feel weak and terrified.

In defeat, I sighed and got in. The smell of strawberries and cigarettes immediately catches my attention as I slammed the door close and the car light turns off.

In silence, he finally drives away and I look out feeling rightfully terrified and unsafe. I try to distract myself by looking out into the road ahead and seeing how barren it was. I could be walking through there.

Instead, I am here with this guy who I don't even know the name of. Here in his luxurious car while I hug myself because of how cold it is. He doesn't even give two hoots about the AC blasting like the arctic.

"You're stubborn as fuck, you know that right?" He breaks through the silence and I flinch. Being around him just makes you feel trapped and out of intimidation, I say nothing.

I hear him sigh while I continue looking out the window as we pass the gates and out into the freeway.

"Where did that bitchy-"

"Can you not?" I bravely said, turning to him in exhaustion. He turns to me too and I hug myself tighter before looking away.

He stays silent and I wished he had kept it a little longer.

"Stupid wearing that and not taking a jacket with you."

"Do you realize how much of an ass you are?" I have had about enough of this. One of these days he will really face some truth serum better yet, I wouldn't want to see him ever again.

"That, " he begins, "is the nicest compliment someone has given me."

I groan out in defeat and picked on my skin as I would when I'm stressing out- or annoyed by an arrogant monster.

"You must live a sad life, " I hit back.

"Actually that's a pretty bold statement coming from a girl who had her first kiss at 21." Ouch.

Right, I never told him what exactly happened.

Shameful, I looked away and avoided any type of word as we approached the exit. When someone says it like that it does make it sound so embarrassing. Everyone I know has had their first kiss and their cherry popped and I have never even hugged a guy. But dad always said it's nothing to be ashamed about because education must come first so I'm not bothered by being late to the party or whatever.

"Or did that even happen?" He chuckled like a villain. I glared at him and he laughs even more.

"Ok let me get this straight. You got invited by a guy, the only guy who will ever be interested in you, you ditch him cause he must have tried to kiss you, and you apparently don't know how to curse either."
He laughs at his own conclusion and my eyes widened. My blood boiled over as we went through the exit and I turn my whole body to him.

He looked at the road with pure amusement and I was ready to explode.

"Ok one, your friend was being disrespectful. He probably didn't even remember I was coming. He tried to force me to kiss him. And I don't know what you're on about with cursing and stuff, " I slumped back down to the seat with fumes protruding out of my skin as I crossed my arms. "I can definitely curse." I lied.

I lied because I am against it. I lived in a household where my parents never cursed around me and I lived with people who had proper etiquette. It's not nice or ladylike to curse so I don't.

"Right, " he laughs, "so ass is a curse word." He mocks my voice and I roll my eyes.

"It's an anatomically correct body part. It's not a curse." I muttered to myself and I hear him hit the steering wheel while laughing.

"So you really don't curse!" He mused and I feel myself get smaller. I flush in embarrassment mixed with anger.

I'm usually very against morbid thoughts but right now would be a perfect way to die.

"So what?"

"You're way too much of a good girl. You shouldn't even be real." He scoffed as I watch his jaw tighten like it's second nature.

"Well, you're too much of an asshole to exist."

He turns to me with a raised brow and shook his head.

"You could do better."

"What?"

"You could do better with insulting me, " he shrugged and I snickered. "Call me a motherfucker or something. Believe me, it won't even sting."

"You're just making me say that for the hell of it."

"Exactly, " he cleared his throat. "I'm gonna have fun with you." He muttered and my eyes widened.

He glanced at me and winked like the jerk he is before laughing and turning back to the road.

I slumped down with a lump in my throat feeling defeated and tired. Well, I guess I know I'm way too far to find my Romeo.

• • •

After a few annoying instructions that he purposefully tried not to follow we finally arrive at my building. I made sure to slam that door as hard as I could just to show him a little bit of my anger, more than I could say.

"Asshole, " I muttered as I walked away.

"Hey!" He called back and I spun around quickly with a frown on my face. I look at his disgusting face through the window he rolled down.

"If you're gonna talk about me at least say it right, " he smirked, "It's Matteo, say it in your dreams missy."

And with that, he rolls up his windows window and drives away leaving me more dumbfounded than I had been before this night went to filth.

• • •

Author's note
Double update! Vote and comment. Again. This book is basically me just puking out everything that comes to me :)

Hope you enjoyed it!

-Asteria